Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how the failing newspaper industry shot itself in the foot..

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how the failing newspaper industry shot itself in the fo

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    People actually read USA Today every day? The only time I look at it is when it is outside the door on the floor in the morning at a hotel.
    I value Cultural (sic) Literacy (it's actually a requisite of my job) and USAT covers that better and more succinctly than anyone else. Time is a close second.
    No one does succinctly better than USAToday. That is why I can read the whole paper in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
      No one does succinctly better than USAToday. That is why I can read the whole paper in about 10 minutes.
      Indeed. My ADD demands it.

Comment

USA today used to be the perfect quick read for a 20-minute bus ride to work - and they used to have good track & field coverage while Dick Patrick was around.

Comment

I live in Sweden. I have a very advantageous, efficient airmail subscription to the American Time magazine. I am really satisfied, yet .... sometimes I feel like cancelling the whole thing. And why? Because Time sometimes use small typefaces in hard to read colours, often small, pastel colours, even light grey, which is impossible to read. One day I will be so irritated I will cancel for sure. If the industry is in crisis, why do they persist with these easily addressable mistakes at the risk of losing faithful customers?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Treacher
            Because Time sometimes use small typefaces in hard to read colours, often small, pastel colours, even light grey, which is impossible to read.
            Tony, you're just too fussy. One reason they may do it is that is they have nothing to say and hope they can hide the fact?

Comment

Daisy. You made my day! How long can we continue to meet in this way?

Comment

My aging eyes have the same problem with Time and a number of other magazines..Artsy, teensy, light colored font on dark background (or dark opn dark)is especially difficult to read.. I either have to find my magnifying glass or give up..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                  My aging eyes have the same problem with Time and a number of other magazines..Artsy, teensy, light colored font on dark background (or dark opn dark)is especially difficult to read.. I either have to find my magnifying glass or give up..
                  What a whiney-butt you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    What a whiney-butt you are!
                    He has a magnifying glass, you know?

Comment

Well, when a life is as perfect as mine, I need something to whine about.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Well, when a life is as perfect as mine, I need something to whine about.
                        Ok, ya got me there!

Comment

Working...
                        X