Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how the failing newspaper industry shot itself in the foot..

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: how the failing newspaper industry shot itself in the fo

Originally posted by lonewolf
    Well, when a life is as perfect as mine, I need something to whine about.
    Ok, ya got me there!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Well, when a life is as perfect as mine, I need something to whine about.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    What a whiney-butt you are!
    He has a magnifying glass, you know?

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by lonewolf
    My aging eyes have the same problem with Time and a number of other magazines..Artsy, teensy, light colored font on dark background (or dark opn dark)is especially difficult to read.. I either have to find my magnifying glass or give up..
    What a whiney-butt you are!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

My aging eyes have the same problem with Time and a number of other magazines..Artsy, teensy, light colored font on dark background (or dark opn dark)is especially difficult to read.. I either have to find my magnifying glass or give up..

Leave a comment:

• Anthony Treacher
    replied

Daisy. You made my day! How long can we continue to meet in this way?

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Originally posted by Anthony Treacher
    Because Time sometimes use small typefaces in hard to read colours, often small, pastel colours, even light grey, which is impossible to read.
    Tony, you're just too fussy. One reason they may do it is that is they have nothing to say and hope they can hide the fact?

Leave a comment:

• Anthony Treacher
    replied

I live in Sweden. I have a very advantageous, efficient airmail subscription to the American Time magazine. I am really satisfied, yet .... sometimes I feel like cancelling the whole thing. And why? Because Time sometimes use small typefaces in hard to read colours, often small, pastel colours, even light grey, which is impossible to read. One day I will be so irritated I will cancel for sure. If the industry is in crisis, why do they persist with these easily addressable mistakes at the risk of losing faithful customers?

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied

USA today used to be the perfect quick read for a 20-minute bus ride to work - and they used to have good track & field coverage while Dick Patrick was around.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by Conor Dary
    No one does succinctly better than USAToday. That is why I can read the whole paper in about 10 minutes.
    Indeed. My ADD demands it.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

People actually read USA Today every day? The only time I look at it is when it is outside the door on the floor in the morning at a hotel.
    I value Cultural (sic) Literacy (it's actually a requisite of my job) and USAT covers that better and more succinctly than anyone else. Time is a close second.
    No one does succinctly better than USAToday. That is why I can read the whole paper in about 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

People actually read USA Today every day? The only time I look at it is when it is outside the door on the floor in the morning at a hotel.
    I value Cultural (sic) Literacy (it's actually a requisite of my job) and USAT covers that better and more succinctly than anyone else. Time is a close second.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: Re:

Originally posted by guru
    Well, today Gannett rolled out their online subscription structure for all their newspapers - except USA Today
    I only have the on-line USA Today subscription.
    That's fine, but my pojnt was for whatever reason Gannett is not using the(laughable) non-subscriber page view limiter cookie with USA Today
    Oh, your Digital IQ (acronym: DIQ :P ) is waaaay higher than mine!!!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

And I have never been to their web site so anyone is welcome to my 20 visits.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Re: Re:

Well, today Gannett rolled out their online subscription structure for all their newspapers - except USA Today
    I only have the on-line USA Today subscription.

That's fine, but my pojnt was for whatever reason Gannett is not using the(laughable) non-subscriber page view limiter cookie with USA Today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X