Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Hour

Did I miss a thread on this? Seems like an innocuous gesture towards energy conservation awareness. At 8:30pm (local) tonight you turn off all non-essential lights for at least an hour. I'm game. Can't hurt (not that I don't try to keep non-essential energy usage to a minimum anyway, but we all get careless).

Oddly enough, I found info on the back of my 1-litre milk carton this morning as I was pitching it into the dumpster.

Comment

So the note on my deskblotterdateplannerthingie off one hour 830 does mean something.
      Tom Hyland:
      "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Alas, we do move our clocks forward one hour tonight (02.00).

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Oddly enough, I found info on the back of my 1-litre milk carton this morning as I was pitching it into the dumpster.
          You mean you didn't recycle it? I'm shocked, shocked and stunned I tells ya. :lol:

Comment

That's why it was odd. :shock:

Comment

I just cant get past the idea of the energy slob taking an hour off and feels he's a hero and the energy conservative does not turn the lights off for an hour and is a villain.Its not about 60 minutes its about 24/7/365.
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                I just cant get past the idea of the energy slob taking an hour off and feels he's a hero and the energy conservative does not turn the lights off for an hour and is a villain.Its not about 60 minutes its about 24/7/365.
                Agreed, but the idea is to get your energy slob to start thinking about it and move towards doing the right (and moral) thing with more consistancy. I think they will know they are not a hero.
                As far as recycling goes, most people know to throw things away in the proper receptacle, but have not make the small leap to sort out their trash and put the different elements into the proper receptacle.
                My feeling is is there is recycling available and one does not use it, they are just paying someone to litter for them.

Comment

The Bird's Nest went dark at 20.00 local time. Quite interesting.

Comment

I go to bed at 9 anyway.

Does that count?
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Why 1 hour? Did they contemplate 90 mins. and thought thats just too much? It seems to me the time is just a token or gesture so i turned my nite lite off for 15:07 minutes. I got up to go to the bathroom and in the dark broke my foot and hence forth i am suing the Earth people for 1.7 billion trillion dollars.
                      phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                      X