Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger 5 back at start of final. (Tiger wins it at 18)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The type of match that is fun to watch.

Slight advantage to Tiger after the drive on 18. Now Tiger has the shorter putt.

Comment

looks like play-off

hope light holds up to finish it today

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
        looks like play-off

hope light holds up to finish it today
        Nope.

Comment

Another lucky win for the Tiger. Man, that guy is lucky on Sundays...

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
            Better to be lucky than good . . . but the reports of Tiger's demise (or just slowing down) are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Incredible finish. Vintage Woods.

Comment

Lucky is what you get with those 12 hr daily workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
                  Lucky is what you get with those 12 hr daily workouts.
                  Exactly! I love golf, but I don't watch it much, unless the Tiger is in the hunt.
                  Then I try not to miss the final round. He makes it so interesting...

Comment

interesting interview of his ole coach, "butchy"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 684048.ece

( seems tiger suffers from deep pockets-short arms syndrome )

Comment

mmmmm....Maybe Tiger is not done just like a certain poster stated last week...who could it be....could it be SQUACKEE!
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                        interesting interview of his ole coach, "butchy"
                        http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 684048.ece
                        ( seems tiger suffers from deep pockets-short arms syndrome )
                        Tipping, an appropriate and expected practice on tour, hadn’t occurred to him. So I gave the head locker-room attendant $300, not enough by any stretch, but all the cash I had on me at the time.
                        A few minutes later I climbed into the back of the limo for the short trip back to the MGM Grand. “Tiger,” I said, “you owe me three hundred bucks.”
                        “What for?” he asks. “I tipped the locker room staff.” “You gave them three hundred dollars!”
                        “Yeah. I would have given them more, but that’s all I had. I emptied my pockets.”
                        “For what?” “Tiger, those guys took care of your stuff all week. They busted their butts in there.”
                        “Yeah?” he said, not quite believing me. That’s when I realised just how much Tiger had to learn, not about golf but about how the world worked.
                        The line I underlined is rather insulting to a large majority of the work-force, Hard manual job workers bust their butts and don't get tips. Working in a locker room and expecting huge tips is not 'real world'. I'm reminded of how 'hard' Las Vega dealers work for their big tips (winners always tip large, and someone is always winning, while most lose).

Comment

In the 'real world' that I live in, working for wealthy people always results in better tips. The waiters at Denny's probably work just as hard as the waiters at restaurants where dinner for two can easily cost a few hundred bucks. Do they get the same tips? Of course not.

Comment

Working...
                          X