Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jozy Altidorre

Who was it who alerted this board about the great talent of Jozy??? Just 19 years old and already four goals in WC qualifiers. And whatever happened to Freddy Adu?

Funny how JP and Harkes were wondering if the 2nd division Spanish team would have Jozy back. If they don't, they're crazy.

To the football experts on here: How good is Jozy? From what little I have seen, he is scary good. He is the soccer athlete we in the US have long dreamed about. The great athletic body. The great instincts. The touch and skill. And, most importantly, the ability to FINISH.

Re: Jozy Altidorre

Originally posted by BillVol
    Who was it who alerted this board about the great talent of Jozy??? Just 19 years old and already four goals in WC qualifiers. And whatever happened to Freddy Adu?

Funny how JP and Harkes were wondering if the 2nd division Spanish team would have Jozy back. If they don't, they're crazy.

To the football experts on here: How good is Jozy? From what little I have seen, he is scary good. He is the soccer athlete we in the US have long dreamed about. The great athletic body. The great instincts. The touch and skill. And, most importantly, the ability to FINISH.
    He's very good by USA standards, not so much by elite international standards. When we have a player that Serie A or the Bundesliga or the EPL wants badly, THEN we're talking serious talent. Landon Donovan is much better (valuable) than Jozy right now. Jozy may improve a lot, but Clint Dempsey and Eddie Johnson and Freddy Adu were the last can't-miss 'superstars' who didn't break out.

Comment

We are ranked in the FIFA top ten. Doesn't that make our players world class?

IMO the European clubs just don't want to be seen as "lowering" themselves by taking a US player. You can't tell me that Landon or Jozy or Clint isn't as good as the Mexican thug Rafa Marquez, for example.

It's all about being at the right place at the right time. Given the chance, there is not a doubt in my mind at all that Jozy would be a star for any team in the world.

Comment

Working...
      X