Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in favour of having an 'ignore' function installed?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Po
    You mean to tell me that this function has not been part of this board all along? That was my explanation for how and why everyone so successfully and completely ignores my posts -- now I have to accept that posters might have actually read my posts, but found them utterly uninteresting. Sigh. :wink:
    The first post on this thread that has a socially redeeming value 8-) :wink: .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Originally posted by Texas
      Talk about over reacting..sheesh!

I think both myself and eldrick bring enought to the table to warrant a.."mini brawl"...it's not the norm, which should be obvious. Now if it happened all the time, then yes something is broke and needs fixing.

Calm down..ok? In all my time on these boards I've never been called a....troll :cry:
      Tex

FWIW I personally dont feel that you or your posts have been offensive or out of line. You guys merely had an intense discussion about a particular issue.

More power to you.

Just know that it doesnt bother everyone.

I think what happens to often is that for many people their point of reference is themselves. So, if people dont act like they do or do what they would have done in a given situation then they let it bother them.

I'll tell you something else, in my experiences when boards have the ignore feature then people who claim to use it often are peeking and reading the people who they say bother them.

The truth is that the root of this is their own obsession and not the people they claim to want to ignore..
      Thanx bro

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        I think both myself and eldrick bring enought to the table to warrant a.."mini brawl"
        A "mini brawl"? If the 20.13 thread is a mini-brawl, I'd hate to see what a regular sized brawl or, God forbid, a maxi-brawl looks like.
        You really thought "20.13" was something other than a mini brawl? That wasn't nothing, I've been in some knock down drag outs that went on for weeks. I needed a cut man they were that vicious. :lol: I didn't even break a sweat in "20.13" ..

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
          Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
          I'm in favour of adding the ignore button - I don't know how to describe such duelling, but it spills over into too many other threads. Besides, if you can just ignore a troll it helps a lot and you'd get less people 'feeding' the troll.
          A troll..hahahaha!!!!!!! Come on man..sheesh!
          Sorry Texas - it comes across as though I was calling particular people trolls but I didn't mean specific posters like you Texas. I was talking about trolls in general so don't take it personally! 8-)

Although I usually enjoy reading your posts I'm afraid the 20.13 thread defeated me! :lol:
          That made my day I was starting to get a complex. I'd look in the mirror and what was staring back at me? Yep...troll! I was hearing little voices...troll.troll.troll..in my head. Relieved to know that troll-itist was just an illusion

Comment

My guess is that there are only two votes that count around here no matter what we all say.

Comment

Texas, you're just Brutal !

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                For the folks who voted no, what do you care? It is no skin off of your back if I have the option of not seeing posts from certain posters.
                I can quess why some might vote no. Their audience would be slashed.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                  TrackDaddy spoke very well on this subject... I agree with him totally.

Having said that, this entire issue is not going to affect World Civilization to a significant degree.
                  Thank you.

And I agree.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                    I can "ignore" on my own w/o this proposed additional service. Simply not needed !
                    Agree.

Comment

My guess is that there are only two votes that count around here no matter what we all say.
                      And one of them would actually have to do whatever it would take to activate that function.

Comment

And one of them would actually have to do whatever it would take to activate that function.
                        Probably a pretty trivial piece of work.

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                          Originally posted by "bad hammy":2swu6eyt
                          Probably a pretty trivial piece of work.[/quote:2swu6eyt]Yep, 5/10mins. 15 max.

Comment

an ignore button could work.. Id certainly use it for every poster who insists on including a copy of every single line in thread with each and every response he makes (you know who you are!!)
                            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Working...
                            X