Anyone in favour of having an 'ignore' function installed?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Oct 2005

Anyone in favour of having an 'ignore' function installed?

It was mentioned on another thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else would like to see it added here:

If you add a user into your 'ignore' list, you will not see any posts from that user. This is useful if someone really really bothers you and you just want to avoid their mindless drivel.
    Like most PHPBB mods, I'm pretty sure it would only take a few minutes to install. A few minutes to be free of certain posters for a lifetime... surely that's worth it, ben/gh?! It would certainly make threads like these a bit more bearable.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Couldn't care less
    0%
  • EPelle
    • Oct 2005

I've oft-wished there were such a function, actually.

Comment

• TrackDaddy
      • Nov 2007
      • The Command Post

No offense Jon, but IMO, ignore features are silly.

If you dont like the 20.13 thread or the people who post in it, dont read it.

Unless of course you're compelled to and then in that case the real issue may lie with you and not them.

Its (ignore feature) like saying you can't control yourself and indicates that subconsciously you want to do what you claim not to and you need help stopping.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Marlow
        • Jan 2008
        • Back on my 3-month hiatus!

Re: Anyone in favour of having an 'ignore' function installe

Originally posted by Jon
        It would certainly make threads like these a bit more bearable.
        Wouldn't it make that thread non-existent? I'm with TD - don't even go there to begin with. Once I discerned it was a 2-man war, I stopped reading content and started looking for hmmmms! and hahahahahahas! On the other hand, the unintentional surreal comedic effect of answers to phantom questions would be hilarious.

Comment

• TrackDaddy
          • Nov 2007
          • The Command Post

Re: Anyone in favour of having an 'ignore' function installe

Originally posted by Marlow
          Originally posted by Jon
          It would certainly make threads like these a bit more bearable.
          Wouldn't it make that thread non-existent? I'm with TD - don't even go there to begin with. Once I discerned it was a 2-man war, I stopped reading content and started looking for hmmmms! and hahahahahahas! On the other hand, the unintentional surreal comedic effect of answers to phantom questions would be hilarious.
          I've seen that on boards before that have the ignore function, Marlow and besides being confusing it can be funny.

And I too stopped reading content and started looking for hmmmms and hahahahas in the 20.13 thread. :lol:
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Jon
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            If you dont like the 20.13 thread or the people who post in it, dont read it.
            I have stopped reading it. But then I go onto another thread and the worst offenders are on that one too, ruining it. So I go onto another, and same thing happens there, etc...

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            Unless of course you're compelled to and then in that case the real issue may lie with you and not them.
            Oh, I know I have a problem - don't we all?! :lol: I know I should simply not respond, but sometimes I can't help myself. An ignore feature would prevent me (and others who have the same 'problem') from doing that altogether.

Comment

• tandfman
              • Oct 2005

I don't see the harm in installing it. I assume you can ignore the ignore function if you choose. I also assume that you can put someone on your ignore list and then take them off it (like when the 20.13 thread dies).

That thread is like watching two five-year olds engage in a never-ending argument that long ago ceased to have any meaning (if, indeed, it ever had any). Just amazing how they keep it up.

Comment

• bad hammy
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by tandfman
                I don't see the harm in installing it.
                Exactly.

Comment

• AthleticsInBritain
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Liverpool, UK

Yikes! I just read that thread. Well, I say 'read'! I just looked for the interpolations instead. I agree, if you put the ignore thread on 2 of the posters there, there'd only be about 10 posts left from a 5-page thread!

I'm in favour of adding the ignore button - I don't know how to describe such duelling, but it spills over into too many other threads. Besides, if you can just ignore a troll it helps a lot and you'd get less people 'feeding' the troll.

Comment

• Texas
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                    Yikes! I just read that thread. Well, I say 'read'! I just looked for the interpolations instead. I agree, if you put the ignore thread on 2 of the posters there, there'd only be about 10 posts left from a 5-page thread!

I'm in favour of adding the ignore button - I don't know how to describe such duelling, but it spills over into too many other threads. Besides, if you can just ignore a troll it helps a lot and you'd get less people 'feeding' the troll.
                    A troll..hahahaha!!!!!!! Come on man..sheesh!

Comment

• Marlow
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Back on my 3-month hiatus!

Originally posted by Texas
                      A troll..hahahaha!!!!!!!
                      If THAT ain't worth a Tafny (esp. in light of the 'infecting' comment) - ain't nothing is!!!!

Comment

• bad hammy
                        • Oct 2005

For the folks who voted no, what do you care? It is no skin off of your back if I have the option of not seeing posts from certain posters.

Comment

• Helen S
                          • Oct 2005
                          • in front of the computer

Originally posted by bad hammy
                          For the folks who voted no, what do you care? It is no skin off of your back if I have the option of not seeing posts from certain posters.
                          Sounds like an argument for a few hot button political issues which I will not name as it would just get jerked.

Comment

• dukehjsteve
                            • Oct 2005
                            • Fishers, IN

I can "ignore" on my own w/o this proposed additional service. Simply not needed !

Comment

• eldrick
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 19th hole st andrews

unfortunately, like drink/drugs/wobbley gals with bad make-up, you always gotta check it out again...

Comment

Working...
                              X