Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo!: Chambers ought to be allowed to compete

Yahoo! Sports says that Dwain Chambers ought to be allowed to compete.
    This is an interesting article with quotes from European meet promoters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=l ... &type=lgns

link is dead

Comment

Active link:
      http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?s ... &type=lgns

Previous link was put under the major league baseboll heading, not olympics. Fine by folks if Chambers wants to be an outfielder.

Comment

what is this obsesion with DC no drug cheat can compete not just him but he's the only one constantly whining about it :evil:

get over it, it's a decision he made when he thought it perfectly exeptable to lie cheat and steal from his fellow competitors and meet directors
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

I wonder why the IAAF has suspension rules? Why give an athlete a two year ban, if the meet promoters can ban an athlete for life by preventing them from earning a living? It seems that the IAAF rules are the rules until the meet promoters decide otherwise. There were many athletes who served two year suspensions for doping and then went to Beijing and won medals. The swimmer who won the gold medal in the men's 1500 freestyle had just completed serving a two year ban for steroids before going to China. He also broke the world record. It just seems that the rules should be uniform and they are not.

Comment

The torches & pitchfork crowd doesn't care about uniformity.

Comment

I don't think the meet promotors who don't want to touch Chambers are guys with torches and pitchforks. I see them as businessmen trying to protect their property. They have seen that when Chambers competes anywhere these days, all the journos want to write about has to do with doping. It doesn't matter how well he is running, and it certainly doesn't matter who else is competing in the meet. Chambers just sucks up all the ink and air time. This is not good for anyone's business but Chambers's.

Comment

http://www.mtsacrelays.com/confirmation ... suomen.pdf

Chambers is doubling up next week at Mt. Sac

Comment

Another week and another article about Dwain not being able to run again and another article on the front-page about Turner moaning about the loss of his lottery funding. :roll:
                  http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    I don't think the meet promotors who don't want to touch Chambers are guys with torches and pitchforks. I see them as businessmen trying to protect their property. They have seen that when Chambers competes anywhere these days, all the journos want to write about has to do with doping. It doesn't matter how well he is running, and it certainly doesn't matter who else is competing in the meet. Chambers just sucks up all the ink and air time. This is not good for anyone's business but Chambers's.
                    exactly the very same reason marion jones had problems getting races in the lat year or so. this is not even about DC it applies to all drug cheats why everyone is obsessed with him is beyond me :twisted:
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

What with Alvin Harrison making a comeback and the prospect of a Russian return for Soboleva et al plus the weekly Chambers saga, my torches and pitchforks are wearing out. Do you think I could get a subsidy for new ones?

It's all a bit wearying isn't it? There are too many witches, wizards and warlocks to be burnt at the stake and I'm running out of wood. (So to speak).

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                        What with Alvin Harrison making a comeback and the prospect of a Russian return for Soboleva et al plus the weekly Chambers saga, my torches and pitchforks are wearing out. Do you think I could get a subsidy for new ones?

It's all a bit wearying isn't it? There are too many witches, wizards and warlocks to be burnt at the stake and I'm running out of wood. (So to speak).
                        you can borrow some of mine i have an unlimited supply
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

I don't think any of us so called 'torch and pitchfork' brigade have any problem with Dwain competing, we just wish he's shut up about it.

Every major champs since Goteborg '06 has been taken over by Dwain's dramatics (Or at least Dwain related dramatics.) Interviews and books and retirements and rugby etc just keeps him in the limelight which is ultimately all he wants, regardless of what it does to the sport he professes to support.

The real irony here is that a presumeably drug free Dwain is now faster than ever. The latest drama has been that he's still in touch with the odious Victor Conte??? :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF???

Quite why he would want to still be advised by a man whose drug regime made him far too big, slow and prone to injury I can't fathom. Especially as it just brings him more bad publicity, but then I think in Dwain's mind all publicity is good publicity.

What exactly did Dwain'd drug taking do for him? He got drug induced cramp at the Commonwealths and lost a gold medal he should have won, he won the Euro's that he probably would have won anyway and ran 9.87 but got beaten by a fellow cheat who was taking the same drugs he was being given. By the same man (Thanx Victor!!!). 2003 was disaster. He came 5th in the 100m (Beaten by Doreen :P ) and then cocked up the relay spectacularly.

He has shown this winter what a great natural talent he is so quite why he is still consorting with those that ruined his career in the first place is a complete mystery. Just think what he could have been is he's stayed with a proper coach like Mike McFarlane.

Such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbuff
                            The swimmer who won the gold medal in the men's 1500 freestyle had just completed serving a two year ban for steroids before going to China. He also broke the world record. It just seems that the rules should be uniform and they are not.
                            that was mellouli

- he hasn't broken any world records ( his 1500m win was i think 3rd fastest ever clocking )

- his wiki article says ban was for adderall ( same as gatlin took ) a stimulant & not a steroid ( albeit it also says he didn't undergo testing in his ban which is more worrying than a stimulant +ve )

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                              The real irony here is that a presumeably drug free Dwain is now faster than ever. The latest drama has been that he's still in touch with the odious Victor Conte??? :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF???
                              I know - how can you trust anyone who goes near that man?! Chambers, who is desperate to prove he is running clean to the whole world, is not doing himself any favours at all. :?
                              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Working...
                              X