Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my opinion that more track athletes like Ed Moses are going to come forward in support of Dwain in the near future. Like I previously posted, why have IAAF rules if the meet promoters can simply ignore them? There are some meet promoters that are willing to give Dwain a lane. In fact, he will be racing against some significant competition in mid-May. I think it is likely that he will run against Bolt before the worlds. The more the meet promoters attempt to blacklist him, the more the media is going to give attention to the issues in his past. They should just let him run. If he does not perform well, then his story will fade. If he does run well, then I believe his story deserves some media attention.

Comment

Chambers is not likely to run at the Mt SAC relays next week. If he does run, it probably will be on a relay. Dwain ran well in several meets in 2002. Regarding his subpar performances in 2003, he had two signicant injuries. First a sprained ankle and then a hamstring problem. So, his rather poor performance in Paris was due to a lack of training.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbuff
        Chambers is not likely to run at the Mt SAC relays next week. If he does run, it probably will be on a relay. Dwain ran well in several meets in 2002. Regarding his subpar performances in 2003, he had two signicant injuries. First a sprained ankle and then a hamstring problem. So, his rather poor performance in Paris was due to a lack of training.
        bollocks

and even if he was injured which i remember no mention of at the time ot was because he was pumped full of steroids and the size of a house !!

it's one thing being dumb enough to take drugs in the first place but
        at least if you're going to do it get advice from people who know what they're talking about and will make you improve not VC who is nothing but a charlatan. i actually can't think of one athlete who had any success under his regime. Marion didn't improve, DC didn't win anything of note he wouldn't have won anyway, tim ran fast but has no metal to show for it Kellie won big and lost it all the next day

way to go VC ops:

and jujst by keep stating the DC is being singled out doesn't make it so the euro ban is on all drug cheats not just him as you very well know !!
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

this is what michael johnon and most athletes feel about drug cheats

from front page

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1247088

Why did you voluntarily return the 4x400m relay gold won at the 2000 Olympics after Antonio Pettigrew admitted he doped between 1997 and 2001?
          I returned it because it was the right thing to do. It was very difficult because as I said, all of the championship and Olympic medals are special. But I am against cheating and it is unfair that the athletes who finished second did not get their opportunity to stand on the top of the medal stand and even more unfair that the team that finished fourth did not get to stand on the medal stand at all. I was annoyed by the fact that we could win the relay with any four clean athletes and really didn't need Pettigrew who was using drugs.

Did you ever think US athletes, who are put through some of the stringent dope controls, considered as the best in the world, would be caught doping?
          In the US we have some of the best law enforcement in the world and people still rob banks and commit other crimes. We have very stringent drug laws and people still use and sell drugs in the US at an alarming rate. So my point is where people want to take the risk for a possible reward they will try it. And it is because of the stringent dope controls that these athletes are caught. If it were not so stringent, then they may be getting away with it still.

US athletes like Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin and Tim Montgomery among others were caught doping. Your comments.

They are cheats and willing to cheat for money, fame, and success just as criminals are willing to steal or rob people for money.
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

repeat
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

Convicted felon Victor Conte is working with former drug cheat Dwain Chambers...

Again.

Conte has this new program that he says is legal and that no one else has ever developed before, that has Chambers running faster than ever...

Again.

And we're drinking the Kool Aid...

Again. :lol:

Oh wretched man that I am, who will save me from this body of death?!?
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                Convicted felon Victor Conte is working with former drug cheat Dwain Chambers...

Again.

Conte has this new program that he says is legal and that no one else has ever developed before, that has Chambers running faster than ever...

Again.

And we're drinking the Kool Aid...

Again. :lol:

Oh wretched man that I am, who will save me from this body of death?!?
                don't worry it's probably just flaxseed oil :roll:
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                  I don't think any of us so called 'torch and pitchfork' brigade have any problem with Dwain competing, we just wish he's shut up about it.
                  But if he COULD compete, don't you think he WOULD shut up about it?

To be fair, it's a double edged sword- so many people in the media keep moaning about it but by doing so they are keeping him in the news!

I still think it's ridiculous that he seems to have become the centre of the biggest witch hunt perhaps ever seen in athletics. As you all know, I'm a fully paid up member of the torch and pitchfork brigade but whilst Dwain was quite a big star (in this country at least), I fail to see why he has been "victimised" (sorry, he isn't a victim, but I can't think of a better word at 00:15) when other athletes have returned to the sport and been happily accepted back into it and he has at least had the nerve to put up his hands and admit what he did and that he was wrong...

In summation, I absolutely want Dwain Chambers out of this sport, yes yes yes, but as the rules stand, he is allowed to compete so just let him get on with doing so and change the rules for the future. End of.

Comment

Apparently, the IAAF rules are not the rules. In 2003 Dwain received a two year ban, which ended in August of 2005. He competed in 2006. The meet promoters decided that they would make up their own rules and disregard the IAAF rules There needs to be a uniform set of rulesin the sport, period. Other track athletes that had been previously banned were able to compete in Beijing. This is about what is fair and reasonable. If the IAAF rule in 2003 was that an athlete who receieved a positive test was banned for life, then so be it. However, to allow the meet promoters to decide after the fact, that they do not like the two year ban rule is ridiculous. Why does the IAAF even have rules if they are not going to enforce them as written? If they want different rules, then change the rules. Creating a different set of rules after the fact based upon the financial gain of the promoters is simply going to create more support and publiclty for Dwain. This "handshake" style of business is going to continue to generate controversy and headlines.

Comment

The rules you're talking about as they apply to Chambers, speedbuff, come from 3 different bodies.

In regard to Chambers not being able to compete in Beijing, that is a British rule and not controlled by the IAAF. anyone who has actually tested positive and suffered a 2 year ban is barred from competing at the Olympics. Christine Ohuruogu and Tim Don were very exceptional cases and very lucky to be allowed to compete by the British Olympic Association and both cases were very different from Chambers. Chambers was aware of this rule, exceptional though it is, and it was in force long before his career started. All British athletes fall under this rule, not just Chambers.

Chambers apparently has been invited to compete at the Berlin GP this year. Last year the ban on 2 year positive test athletes also applied to Damu Cherry the US hurdler. Lyudmila Blonska did compete at one of the meetings, but as I understand it, the invitation had been given before the group of meet organisers formally decided the rule barring people who've had a 2 year ban.

The argument behind meeting organisers barring people who've had a 2 year ban is while it may add to any punishments meted out by the IAAF, a 2 year ban doesn't seem to have much of a deterrent effect on PED users, so they decided to hit 'em where it hurts - the wallet - and also chose to protect their meetings' images by not having proven drug cheats compete at them.

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
                        I don't think any of us so called 'torch and pitchfork' brigade have any problem with Dwain competing, we just wish he's shut up about it.

To be fair, it's a double edged sword- so many people in the media keep moaning about it but by doing so they are keeping him in the news!

I still think it's ridiculous that he seems to have become the centre of the biggest witch hunt perhaps ever seen in athletics.
                        I don't remember Carl Myerscough ever bitching about his Olympic ban or not being invited to meets in the way Chambers has.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbuff
                            Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.
                            how ya know .......... what happened to da 100

Comment

Originally posted by lalala

I still think it's ridiculous that he seems to have become the centre of the biggest witch hunt perhaps ever seen in athletics. As you all know, I'm a fully paid up member of the torch and pitchfork brigade but whilst Dwain was quite a big star (in this country at least), I fail to see why he has been "victimised" (sorry, he isn't a victim, but I can't think of a better word at 00:15) when other athletes have returned to the sport and been happily accepted back into it and he has at least had the nerve to put up his hands and admit what he did and that he was wrong...

In summation, I absolutely want Dwain Chambers out of this sport, yes yes yes, but as the rules stand, he is allowed to compete so just let him get on with doing so and change the rules for the future. End of.
                              Pretty sure his getting back in bed with Conte doesn't help.

If you returned to your pusher after getting out of rehab, what would people think of you?
                              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Sailing very close to the wind there TrackDaddy ...

Comment

Working...
                                X