Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahoo!: Chambers ought to be allowed to compete

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What a crappy topic. Look, you cannot double up on folks, not even for murder. This is not murder and not a criminal case, but it is about rules, crime and punishment.
    He served his 2 years, he cooperated with the authorities. The latter portion is why he is bitter. If he served his 2 years and never said a word we would not be having the conversation. Instead he came clean and told all and for that he was black balled??? In 06 he was welcomed back with open arms, Darren Campbell humiliated him for no damn reason and Dwain told us all how he did it and what it was. And for that he was banned from the sport. There is no defending this after the fact move. There is also no defending the vitriol towards Dwain while other cheats do not get so much as a sideways glance.

    The point is, no one has to like dwain, or any other cheat that has returned, bur we do need to face the fact that our sport is arbitrary on too many fronts, too many important fronts. It is not the cheating the drives away sponsors it is the handling of it. Every broadcast, every article identifies former suspended athletes by their transgression. It is counter productive, and the networks do it for years, no matter what the athletes do on the track.

    Comment


    • #32
      i keep using the same analogy but it seems fitting

      if you were an accountant who was struck off for 2 years for fraud, just because you are once again allowed to practice doesn't mean anyone has to employ you. if nobody chooses to employ a previously corrupt accountant isn't evidence of a witchunt just common sense

      in what way is the situation with GP not inviting fraudulant thieves to their meetings any different
      i deserve extra credit

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by mump boy
        if you were an accountant who was struck off for 2 years for fraud, just because you are once again allowed to practice doesn't mean anyone has to employ you
        if he's cheap & ACCA, i'd employ him !

        a good accountant is one who can pile on the expenses on the deductions side

        in the end, you sign of the tax return, accountant is just a tool - if your happy with the figures, you sign it

        crooked accountants are probably the best in their field !!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by eldrick
          Originally posted by mump boy
          if you were an accountant who was struck off for 2 years for fraud, just because you are once again allowed to practice doesn't mean anyone has to employ you
          if he's cheap & ACCA, i'd employ him !

          a good accountant is one who can pile on the expenses on the deductions side

          in the end, you sign of the tax return, accountant is just a tool - if your happy with the figures, you sign it

          crooked accountants are probably the best in their field !!!
          I hope you're joking, otherwise you might find the NHS auditors or the Inland Revenue knocking on your door! :lol:

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Smoke
            What a crappy topic. Look, you cannot double up on folks, not even for murder. This is not murder and not a criminal case, but it is about rules, crime and punishment.
            He served his 2 years, he cooperated with the authorities. The latter portion is why he is bitter. If he served his 2 years and never said a word we would not be having the conversation. Instead he came clean and told all and for that he was black balled???
            I've said the same before, it is insane to attack Chambers if you want an honest sport. After the way he has been treated we can be sure that no athlete will ever again cooperate.

            Originally posted by Jamaican Sensation
            Originally posted by Speedbuff
            Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.
            how ya know ..........
            Isn't it true that BALCO still exists as a supplier of supplements, specifically ZMA? I expect speedbuff works for them and helps Chambers out with his nutrition.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Daisy
              Originally posted by Smoke
              What a crappy topic. Look, you cannot double up on folks, not even for murder. This is not murder and not a criminal case, but it is about rules, crime and punishment.
              He served his 2 years, he cooperated with the authorities. The latter portion is why he is bitter. If he served his 2 years and never said a word we would not be having the conversation. Instead he came clean and told all and for that he was black balled???
              I've said the same before, it is insane to attack Chambers if you want an honest sport. After the way he has been treated we can be sure that no athlete will ever again cooperate.

              Originally posted by Jamaican Sensation
              Originally posted by Speedbuff
              Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.
              how ya know ..........
              Isn't it true that BALCO still exists as a supplier of supplements, specifically ZMA? I expect speedbuff works for them and helps Chambers out with his nutrition.
              I heard the snake oil is quite nutritional. Tasty, too.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Pego
                I heard the snake oil is quite nutritional.
                I've wondered about that on this forum before.
                http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 373#304373

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                  I hope you're joking, otherwise you might find the NHS auditors or the Inland Revenue knocking on your door! :lol:
                  it's HM Revenue & Customs now

                  crooked accountants often charge much less than honest ones in order to get any work because of their past misdemeanours

                  they are usually dirt-cheap :P

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    mump that analogy is not the issue at hand is it? This is not a business deciding to not hire someone on their own this is collusion. And the motives are highly suspicious. Did you see Maggi's name in any of these black ball articles? No, it was all about Dwain. You get mad at Dwain for his name being in the press and half the time he is not doing anything more than running down the track.
                    As you call him, Doreen, humiliated Dwain in 06. It was a set up, self serving, and as dishonest a move as I have seen. Yet everyone is mad at dwain??? Dwain was the only Brit in the final, the fastest Brit of the year, and humbly laid himself at the mercy of everyone that year.
                    I am not excusing him, but damnit fair is fair. If the sport stopped talking about Dwain he would be just like the other cheats that have returned and are competing in relative anonymity. As a sport we can not justify the hate for Dwain when the GOLD MEDALIST in the women's long jump is another confessed cheat, and no one says a word. She is a flippin national hero now. Where is the outrage since some of you want to pretend this is not personal but just good business. It is a bunch of bullocks.
                    Like I said, it is a crappy topic because we have every right to be at all cheats, to ban them, to label them, but we are not actually doing that, this is about one man. A man that has laid bare the actual way folks cheat.
                    Any of you actually stop to ask yourself why the IAAF is SO hot on Dwain's disclosure? I find it peculiar

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Daisy
                      Originally posted by Smoke
                      What a crappy topic. Look, you cannot double up on folks, not even for murder. This is not murder and not a criminal case, but it is about rules, crime and punishment.
                      He served his 2 years, he cooperated with the authorities. The latter portion is why he is bitter. If he served his 2 years and never said a word we would not be having the conversation. Instead he came clean and told all and for that he was black balled???
                      I've said the same before, it is insane to attack Chambers if you want an honest sport. After the way he has been treated we can be sure that no athlete will ever again cooperate.

                      Originally posted by Jamaican Sensation
                      Originally posted by Speedbuff
                      Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.
                      how ya know ..........
                      Isn't it true that BALCO still exists as a supplier of supplements, specifically ZMA? I expect speedbuff works for them and helps Chambers out with his nutrition.
                      dont half quote me then speak a load of shit u twat

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Smoke
                        mump that analogy is not the issue at hand is it? This is not a business deciding to not hire someone on their own this is collusion. And the motives are highly suspicious. Did you see Maggi's name in any of these black ball articles? No, it was all about Dwain. You get mad at Dwain for his name being in the press and half the time he is not doing anything more than running down the track.
                        As you call him, Doreen, humiliated Dwain in 06. It was a set up, self serving, and as dishonest a move as I have seen. Yet everyone is mad at dwain??? Dwain was the only Brit in the final, the fastest Brit of the year, and humbly laid himself at the mercy of everyone that year.
                        I am not excusing him, but damnit fair is fair. If the sport stopped talking about Dwain he would be just like the other cheats that have returned and are competing in relative anonymity. As a sport we can not justify the hate for Dwain when the GOLD MEDALIST in the women's long jump is another confessed cheat, and no one says a word. She is a flippin national hero now. Where is the outrage since some of you want to pretend this is not personal but just good business. It is a bunch of bullocks.
                        Like I said, it is a crappy topic because we have every right to be at all cheats, to ban them, to label them, but we are not actually doing that, this is about one man. A man that has laid bare the actual way folks cheat.
                        Any of you actually stop to ask yourself why the IAAF is SO hot on Dwain's disclosure? I find it peculiar
                        this is all about dwayne because he is a high profile european athlete in the most high profile of events. It has been fanned by the british press who are the worst in the world for inaccurate and sensational reporting and he has gone out of his way to attract attention with his proclaimations on drug taking, his book etc. he is the mmost high profile so gets most of the attention but it's not about him at all it's about all drug cheats. the press and public may not know about Mauren Maggi but i certainly do and would be just as disappointed to see her at any GP as i would Dwayne.

                        i see no reason why any meet would want him or anyone else at their meets when anything that happens is going to be overshadowed by drug stories. i love the fact we can watch GP just for the athletics and not have to listen to commentators and press going on anf on and on and on and on about drugs. which is the reality of what happens
                        i deserve extra credit

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          [quote=Sensitive Jamaican]
                          Originally posted by Daisy
                          Originally posted by "Jamaican Sensation":3jf3qbej
                          Originally posted by Speedbuff
                          Dwain has decided to to run the 200 plus a leg on a 4x100 relay at Mt SAC.
                          how ya know ..........
                          Isn't it true that BALCO still exists as a supplier of supplements, specifically ZMA? I expect speedbuff works for them and helps Chambers out with his nutrition.
                          dont half quote me then speak a load of shit u twat[/quote:3jf3qbej]

                          You asked two questions. I quoted and answered the first, in context. I left off the second one since my reply did not relate to it.

                          If you can't be bothered to read between the lines that is not my problem.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Smoke
                            Did you see Maggi's name in any of these black ball articles? As a sport we can not justify the hate for Dwain when the GOLD MEDALIST in the women's long jump is another confessed cheat, and no one says a word. She is a flippin national hero now
                            she vehemently denied knowingly taking any drugs

                            she tested +ve for a weak steroid which was unknowingly contained in an anti-scarring cream she applied after a bikini-wax

                            she applied a trivial amount ( how much cream do you put on after a bikini-wax ?! ) but tests are so sensitive that they still picked up this trivial amount

                            her whole conviction was a nonsense affair - that is why she is a national hero - coming back to win gold after a nonsense ban

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              See how that info is not public eldrick. She is simply known as a cheat to me. Thank you for that information, I understand a lot better now.
                              mump and eldrick bring me to a greater point I have on all of this, it is the handling of the sport. Miss three test, cheat, take a spiked supplement that does not list the substance, cheat, get on a regimen that has you taking 300 illegal substances, cheat, take a product that is manufactured differently in one country than your own, cheat, take anti balding, and anti scarring cream, cheat. This is what we do. And three years later while watching a meet the athlete is introduced as former suspended or cheat and we get a 2 minute recap of the transgression. I have asked this question of TV execs and they will say, "We cannot ignore the story, we will only talk about it real quick!" What? Don;t talk about it at all, it is irrelevant. It is not of interest and it is not something that is adding to the appeal of the sport. It further taints the sport and turns people off including diehard track fans.

                              Do we turn a blind eye? No. But we do not allow our story to be about BALCO 6 years later, even if Dwain is ont he track. We do not allow it to be about what Dwain did in 03 but rather tell how he exposed the lurid details of what he was doing and how he got away. Tell the word we smash our cheats we do not suspend them for five games and welcome them back or allow them three positives before they lose a season. One and done! There is power in what we do, DO. It is not perfect but damnit we test, and we bust.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by mump boy
                                i keep using the same analogy but it seems fitting

                                if you were an accountant who was struck off for 2 years for fraud, just because you are once again allowed to practice doesn't mean anyone has to employ you. if nobody chooses to employ a previously corrupt accountant isn't evidence of a witchunt just common sense

                                in what way is the situation with GP not inviting fraudulant thieves to their meetings any different
                                We seem to think alike, only for me its a sex offender who formerly served as a high school guidance councilor seeking his old job back after he did some time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X