Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest "Future" Candidate for the Darwin Award

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/1 ... 85890.html

Stupid, fat and ugly is a bad combo. Also a little mentallly challenged or a bit strung out.

Comment

The polar bears seem a bit bemused by the whole thing to be honest.

I don't blame the animals one bit if some idiot decides to jump in. Although it's quite funny at my local zoo watching the lions chase bicycle riders along the edge of their enclosure. I think the keepers do it to give 'em a bit of exercise.

If memory serves we had a schizophrenic jump in the lion enclosure at London zoo to try and recreate Daniel being fed to the lions but I can't remember if he got ate or not.

Comment

Don't you actually have to die in order to be a candidate for the Darwin Award?

Comment

I wonder what was going through the bear's mind as this nutjob approached it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
            "What a nice, fat, juicy seal for my lunch today, yummy."
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
              Technically yes. However maybe it should be a multi-category award ceremony, like the Oscars. This woman can enter the "I'm dumber than dirt and did something even dumber than that and somehow managed to survive anyways thanks to the assistance of folks with IQs that have to be at least 10 times my minuscule IQ" category.

Comment

I pray that her mind was fried on drugs . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                  Technically yes. However maybe it should be a multi-category award ceremony, like the Oscars. This woman can enter the "I'm dumber than dirt and did something even dumber than that and somehow managed to survive anyways thanks to the assistance of folks with IQs that have to be at least 10 times my minuscule IQ" category.
                  my guess is this has nothing to do with dumb and more to do with some kind of psychiatric condition
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                    1. Confusion.
                    2. Amusement.
                    3. Bewilderment.
                    4. "She's in over her head."
                    5. "Seein' things...got to stop smokin' so much weed."

Comment

Is it possible that this woman was not aware that bears are dangerous animals? We certainly don't teach that very well to small children, who grow up cuddling teddy bears. Perhaps this woman knew that lions and tigers were dangerous carnivores, but thought that polar bears are just cute.

Comment

thought that polar bears are just cute.
                        I think I've read that it's second only to the Cape Buffalo for unprovoked violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                          thought that polar bears are just cute.
                          I think I've read that it's second only to the Cape Buffalo for unprovoked violence.
                          And, the males at least, eat their young. At least according to an account I read of a group who had done one of those vehicle tours in the tundra. They were watching a mother herd her cubs past the vehicle, and got too close to some young males. She manged to save one of the cubs, but the other was lunch.

Comment

I don't pay too much attention to the Darwin Awards (particularly since every year I get them from somebody saying, the 200[current year] Darwin Awards, and it's the same bit of internet doggerel I've been receiving since the mid-90s, but..... I'm not sure I recall it ever being a woman before.

I thought testosterone was usually the guilty chemical.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                              Here's another candidate for the still-living category:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ghter.html

Comment

Working...
                              X