Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden Retiring

A football legend in every sense of the word.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30246064/
    There are no strings on me

"Boom!"

He'll be sorely missed by the game.

I actually think that at times in years past, he's helped its popularity; and he certainly hasnt hurt it.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Love the guy! Unreplaceable. Happy retirement John, no more drivng all over the states in a motor home.
      phsstt!

Comment

Folks often forget that he was a pretty fair football coach back in the days when the Oakland Raiders were relevant.

Comment

I am not going to miss him. I know, I am in the minority, oh well, it won't be the first time.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
            I am not going to miss him. I know, I am in the minority, oh well, it won't be the first time.
            Go to your room..................NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
              You are still my friend Pego. I can understand how Madden's style wouldn't suit everyone. Hell, i liked Howard Cosell. :shock:
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                Folks often forget that he was a pretty fair football coach back in the days when the Oakland Raiders were relevant.
                *edit to remove ill informed post*

Comment

Thank God He's Gone

Good riddance. He and Dick Vitale are the two biggest blabbermouths in sports television, and neither provided much insight or perspective. I feel about Madden the way several posters feel about Carol Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by bijanc
                    He and Dick Vitale are the two biggest blabbermouths in sports television
                    Precisely. Their style was funny for, say, two weeks.

Hey Squack, I liked Howard Cosell, too.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I rarely watch any of the major pro sports (they all suck) but Madden was at least enjoyable to listen to on the rare occasion I did watch.

Comment

I don't need somebody telling me about the X's and 0's of a football game. I understand the game. What I wanted was somebody to make it enjoyable to watch, Madden had that down. The best at making a football game fun/entertaining. I'll definitely miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas
                          I don't need somebody telling me about the X's and 0's of a football game.
                          Actually, you do. The pro game evolves rapidly. The Spread Offense and cover schemes of the last few years are new, and I always appreciated his explanations of the nuances of the mechanics. He had the unique ability to talk to everyone, while not dumbing down the game (which CAN get pretty complex with all the at-the-line adjustments).

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Actually, you do. The pro game evolves rapidly. The Spread Offense and cover schemes of the last few years are new, and I always appreciated his explanations of the nuances of the mechanics. He had the unique ability to talk to everyone, while not dumbing down the game (which CAN get pretty complex with all the at-the-line adjustments).
                            Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              Whatever.
                              Unless this knowledge springs into your mind by predestination, you need sources. I'm betting TV commentators are a common source. As soon as you say you 'know-it-all', your credibility vanishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X