Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discrimination Against Obese Passengers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrimination Against Obese Passengers?

Following the example of other carriers, United Airlines has made rule changes pertaining to obese passengers. Should skinny people get a discount? :?

"Under United Airlines' new rules, passengers too big for a seat will be moved to two adjacent empty seats at no charge, the airline said. If none are available - a likelihood, because most American airliners now take-off at full or very near full capacity - the overweight passenger may have to upgrade to a larger business class seat or buy two seats on the next flight."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ap ... passengers

just put a treadmill in the terminal and have them make weight like in wrestling...

:twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
      just put a treadmill in the terminal and have them make weight like in wrestling...

:twisted: :twisted:
      See? There is no problem that cannot be solved on this forum.

Comment

They could have an obesity section with king size seats, though I see problems of logistics and political correctness with such a solution. Kind of like having to move to the back of the bus.

Comment

Just put up a sizer that will not let you enter the plane unless you can fit through the hole. Simple.

Oh, and charge people who kick my seat repeatedly about $10,000 extra...

Comment

if they can't fit into a seat I wonder how they're gonna get into the toilet without someone giving em a big old push..

Comment

I know a flight attendant who swears that an obese passenger actually dropped her pants and asked the flight attendant to push her backside into the little water closet. When none of the FA's would do so she filed a complaint with the airline.

Comment

I love fat people, some of my best friends are fat but if you need 2 seats for ANY reason ya gotta pay double. I would love to have 2 seats for the price of one. Its not the airlines or thin person's fault that someone is fat so we shouldnt have to pay more. PERIOD.
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  I love fat people, some of my best friends are fat but if you need 2 seats for ANY reason ya gotta pay double. I would love to have 2 seats for the price of one. Its not the airlines or thin person's fault that someone is fat so we shouldnt have to pay more. PERIOD.
                  Nothing is worse than being stuck on a flight next to a fattie overflowing into your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                    Nothing is worse than being stuck on a flight next to a fattie overflowing into your seat.
                    How about the guy with the lap seat child who won't sit still and is always trying to escape? Not to mention does not make it to the toilet on time, runny nose and possibly even screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      Or on a train, especially when they listen to Land of Hope and Glory on a loop on their MP3 player. And yes, I am talking from experience :lol:
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                        How about the guy with the lap seat child who won't sit still and is always trying to escape? Not to mention does not make it to the toilet on time, runny nose and possibly even screaming.
                        i once at across the isle from a woman who out her tray down and changed her baby's nappy :? :shock: :shock: :x
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Did you hear the one about the couple who had sex on the table on the train without any of the passengers saying a word? However, when they lit up a post-coital cigarette an old dear leaned over and said, "excuse me, I think you'll find this is a non-smoking compartment!" :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

i once at across the isle from a woman who out her tray down and changed her baby's nappy :? :shock: :shock: :x
                            How the hell could you see from that far away!?!??!

Had to. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                            X