Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 47-Year Old Virgin: YouTube Singer Never Kissed

The woman in the UK who has become the talk of the talk shows due to her surprise showing on "Britain's Got Talent", and resulting YouTube notoriety, says she has never been kissed. In industrialized nations such as the US, England, and France, based on beauty standards, realitstic dating dynamics, and who-ends-up-with-whom, if 100 randomly-selected women at least 40 years old were surveyed, how many (in other words, what percentage) would you guess had never even been kissed or been "on a date"?

And how many of every 100 men the same age?

100 of 100 have kissed. You'd have to define a bigger sampling to find a non-kisser. You'd also have to have a much bigger sample to find someone else with a voice to match her's.

Comment

I don't believe its as unusual as one would initially believe.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Re: The 47-Year Old Virgin: YouTube Singer Never Kissed

Originally posted by bijanc
        The woman in the UK who has become the talk of the talk shows due to her surprise showing on "Britain's Got Talent", and resulting YouTube notoriety, says she has never been kissed. In industrialized nations such as the US, England, and France, based on beauty standards, realitstic dating dynamics, and who-ends-up-with-whom, if 100 randomly-selected women at least 40 years old were surveyed, how many (in other words, what percentage) would you guess had never even been kissed or been "on a date"?

And how many of every 100 men the same age?
        Does being kissed on the cheek count? That has happened to me several times in my lifetime and I remember kissing or being kissed on the lips three times. However, I do not know about the times when I was a baby (My memory does not go that far). From the last question above, I do not qualify because I am only a thirty-year old virgin.

Comment

The British press, as usual, cannot resist a measure of cruelty:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0904 ... le_stardom

Comment

Liplock

On the lips, romantically. I would imagine Susan Boyle's mum & close relatives kissed her on the cheek when she was a little girl. That's not what she meant when she told the judges and media "I've never been kissed".

What % of women her age, in densely-populated areas, have never been on a date or kissed by a suitor?

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
              The British press, as usual, cannot resist a measure of cruelty:
              I liked this part of the article:
              "She pierced my defenses," said Lisa Schwarzbaum of U.S. publication Entertainment Weekly. "She reordered the measure of beauty. And I had no idea until tears sprang how desperately I need that corrective from time to time."
              I also liked what the lady judge said about everyone being cynical.

I cringed when I first saw the video last Thursday, because I had been shown it with no background. I totally assumed she would completely humiliate herself on national (GB) TV and Simon would feast on her rotting carcass. Nice to see how it turned out.

Comment

Listen to her sing Cry Me a River without watching the accompanying worthless video and you'd say she was HOT.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/89079- ... e-a-river/

Comment

She's a half decent looking human being, and she's already getting spiffed up a bit. I just hope she does not allow herself to be used and manipulated by the media. As to her "personal" life, I hope it stays personal. If she wants to learn more about interpersonal relationships ( aka men/romance/sex) that's up to her. I sure hope she's keeps her head on straight and does not get messed up by the apparent radical changes in her life.

Comment

bad hammy - right on
                    circus continues to roll in - she's being offered $1,000,000 to "lose her virginity"

Comment

Originally posted by no one
                      bad hammy - right on
                      Fellow board member mojo sent me that link.

Comment

bad hammy - right on
                        circus continues to roll in - she's being offered $1,000,000 to "lose her virginity"
                        Ugh, that's repellent. Not because of her looks but someone commodifying something that should be personal and special.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                          bad hammy - right on
                          Ugh, that's repellent. Not because of her looks but someone commodifying something that should be personal and special.
                          I was just going to post a comment like yours, but it is easier to say... ditto.

Comment

I read she's been inundated with offers for 'makeovers', which is kinda funny, since one of the reasons she's so suddenly famous is because of the way she looks NOW. If one of the lessons of all this is that we shouldn't judge by appearance, why should she alter hers?

Comment

i must admit, i don't know the song nor obviously ever watched les miserables, so i for one coudn't decide if she is a particularly good singer or not ( the song didn't leave much of an impression on me - pretty innocous lyrics & one i'd never buy from any singer )

may be worth waiting to see how she sings some of the standards from the ole songbook ( gershwin, rogers, hammerstein, porter, etc ) & then compare to some of the greats

call me biased, but i always try & find if a singer has ever sung "you'll never walk alone" from carousel as my song to judge them on ( or "my way" as other choice )

Comment

Working...
                              X