Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hammer forever
    replied
    like Isinbaeva or Bubka, could these kids scheme to lower the WR by fractions at a time, frequently, to increase their marketability?

Also, I imagine with constant practice, the "official" cups wear out, especially from the finish technique of slamming them down in the stack to conclude the routine, just prior to pressing the timer....lots of repeat sales of official cups to all these kids...what a racket!

The benefits of hand/eye coordination seem to be touted in the case of former world champ Emily Fox with a basketball scholarship to Minnesota----
    has anyone done any studies on new incoming jet fighter pilots or benefits of skills learned from constant thumb movement on video games?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
    Great training for future pickpockets.
    Yep, the Artful Dodger :wink: .

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    Great training for future pickpockets.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    Sheesh!!! Is there a slo-mo? .. this almost looks like edited video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjK2H8F ... re=related

This related videos is a slow mo. And even that looks jumpy.
    Amazing! On the slo-mo you can even spot one little missgrab not apparent on the real time.
    I don't know how they memorize the routine.. :? .

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by jhc68
    Big time competitions for about 10 years now. According to Wiki, it became widespread in the 1980's as a motor skills exercise for autistic kids. I'd never heard of it until a WSJ article this week. Apparently it is a mulit-million dollar industry with the stackmat timers and special cups with holes in the bottom to prevent vacuum sticking while stacking. Who knew?
    If my kids had the special hole-in-the-bottom cups they'd be extra sticky from doing double duty as beer bongs!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Kid has a Nike sponsorship already.

Hmmmp. :?

Knight's got his hands into everything (pun intended ).

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjK2H8F ... re=related

This related videos is a slow mo. And even that looks jumpy.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    Big time competitions for about 10 years now. According to Wiki, it became widespread in the 1980's as a motor skills exercise for autistic kids. I'd never heard of it until a WSJ article this week. Apparently it is a mulit-million dollar industry with the stackmat timers and special cups with holes in the bottom to prevent vacuum sticking while stacking. Who knew?

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by jhc68
    I like that "stackmat" idea. Maybe sprinters should start and stop their own timers to eliminate false start controversies!
    How long has this been popular?

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    I like that "stackmat" idea. Maybe sprinters should start and stop their own timers to eliminate false start controversies!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I see from a related video on that page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJMwUtq ... re=related

that there's even a "stackmat" timer that you must start/finish yourself? So it's a "popular" passtime for kids somewhere? (everywhere?)

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    started a topic faster hands than boxers...

faster hands than boxers...

Has everyone seen this sport?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaLxHVg0m3g&NR=1
Working...
X