Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    Spoken from a completely hetero standpoint, I have always thought that Elliot was the best looking guy in Hollywood.
    I'm more of a Robert Redford guy myself . . .

:lol: :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      Spoken from a completely hetero standpoint, I have always thought that Elliot was the best looking guy in Hollywood.

Laughed myself off the couch. Thanks to AS, who dredged up a long-dead thread about music bands, I found this post:

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 412#348412

Comment

Robert Redford couldn't care this guys little black book , ya big silly!
        :P
        http://www.celebritypro.com/photos/warren-beatty.jpg
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp

In real life Katherine Ross went on to marry hunkier Sam Elliot

Would love to have his voice........and looks.......and income......and wife...OUCH, honey don't sneak up on me like that!

Comment

In real life Katherine Ross went on to marry hunkier Sam Elliot

Would love to have his voice........and looks.......and income......and wife...OUCH, honey don't sneak up on me like that!
            S.E. may look tough, but I don't think they come tougher than this fellow.

http://www.amazon.com/Unsung-Hero-Crean ... 643&sr=8-2

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
              The old movies that hold up well over time are comedies. Here are some that I enjoy, then and now.

1. "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World"
              2. "Animal House"
              3. "Used Cars"
              I'd add The In-Laws (Peter Falk/Alan Arkin version) to the list. Saw it recently on TCM.

I also think most of the screwball comedies from the 1934-42 era hold up quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                The old movies that hold up well over time are comedies. Here are some that I enjoy, then and now.

2. "Animal House"
                3. "Used Cars"
                I'd add The In-Laws (Peter Falk/Alan Arkin version) to the list. Saw it recently on TCM.

I also think most of the screwball comedies from the 1934-42 era hold up quite well.
                Did anybody mention Some Like It Hot?
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                  Originally posted by Halfmiler2

2. "Animal House"
                  3. "Used Cars"

Bringing up Baby? Which i own. Or You cant take it with you? Man are we old!
                  phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    I was going to say that! It's my favourite movie comedy. It's routinely voted best comedy ever over here. It's also the film that made me realise what all the fuss was over Marilyn Monroe and that she was actually brilliant.

Comment

Just re-watched The Graduate last night after finishing the book it was based on. The movie holds up quite well in my opinion, and is definitely a step up on the book.

After I finished reading the book I looked up the author on wiki. His page reads like a fake, it makes the guy sound so strange. I checked a few of the references and it appears to be legit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webb

Comment

The movie holds up quite well in my opinion, and is definitely a step up on the book.
                        Have we already had a thread in which we discussed movies that surpassed an acknowledged good book? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest immediately springs to mind. Loved the book, but Jack took the movie up another notch. He did that in The Shining also.

Comment

Working...
                        X