Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama to nominate track guy for Supreme Court?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    The reason we have trouble controlling unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies, single moms, etc is because the focus is all wrong.

Turn on the TV and everyone is blaming the man.

But the problem could be controlled to a great extent if the focus was turned to females.

If women didn't 'decide' to either get pregnant because they 'always wanted a baby', are trying to trap men, wanted to increase their government assistance, were irresponsible taking thier contraceptives, etc...

Then the negative birth rate, if you will, would improve.

Regardless of what men do.

Stay with me here.
    TD, you must never forget that men have to consent to relinquish the pregnancy decision to women. The bottom line is that if a guy decides that he will have no unwanted children, there's nothing women can do to make him become a parent. I liked you on TrackShark and I like you here, but now you're starting to sound like an apologist for irresponsible men. Here's what I mean:
    When a woman tells a man that she's using birth control and he pulls out a condom anyway, its "what you dont trust me?" from the woman.

"Uhhh...it aint that its just that I want to make sure"

"Naw...you don't trust me! Don't you love and trust me?"

"*Sigh*, I trust you its just that I dont believe in unprotected sex."

"What? Now you're sayin I've got a disease?"

"No, no. But you don't know if I have something."

"You have a disease? You've been cheating?"
    Come on TD. You can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      And jc do you know the current rate of effectiveness for the pill and other comparable contraceptives?
      I know that the pill, condoms and other forms of birth control aren't 100% effective.
      Why not discuss the rule (women control the pregnancy rate and men dont), instead of focusing on rare exceptions?
      Maybe I'm anal, but I think you should be more precise in your language. Perhaps you should say, "women control the pregnancy rate most of the time and men rarely do". But I must point out that there are men/boys out here that are responsible enough to not relinquish that decision to their partner.
      Well, I assumed that we all knew that I didn't mean 100%.

Forcible rape (is there another kind?) alone would eliminate that statistical possibility.

But, point taken regarding my tendency to speak in absolutes when its not what I mean.

And I agree that there are men/boys who would LIKE to not relinguish their decision to women by being responsible.

But unless they get clipped it still belongs to her.

Ask any woman if a condom is effective if she doesnt want it to be.

gh

I dont want to cross the line with the impression I'm conveying or promoting hatred toward chic....er....women (lol j/k).
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        The reason we have trouble controlling unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies, single moms, etc is because the focus is all wrong.

Turn on the TV and everyone is blaming the man.

But the problem could be controlled to a great extent if the focus was turned to females.

If women didn't 'decide' to either get pregnant because they 'always wanted a baby', are trying to trap men, wanted to increase their government assistance, were irresponsible taking thier contraceptives, etc...

Then the negative birth rate, if you will, would improve.

Regardless of what men do.

Stay with me here.
        TD, you must never forget that men have to consent to relinquish the pregnancy decision to women. The bottom line is that if a guy decides that he will have no unwanted children, there's nothing women can do to make him become a parent. I liked you on TrackShark and I like you here, but now you're starting to sound like an apologist for irresponsible men. Here's what I mean:
        When a woman tells a man that she's using birth control and he pulls out a condom anyway, its "what you dont trust me?" from the woman.

"Uhhh...it aint that its just that I want to make sure"

"Naw...you don't trust me! Don't you love and trust me?"

"*Sigh*, I trust you its just that I dont believe in unprotected sex."

"What? Now you're sayin I've got a disease?"

"No, no. But you don't know if I have something."

"You have a disease? You've been cheating?"
        Come on TD. You can do better than that.
        I think you're misunderstanding me jc.

I'm not letting men off the hook, I'm just giving my opinion as how I think the situation can be controlled.

As for the male/female quoted dialogue it was just an example of a potential exchange. Nothing more. Not all inclusive.

Comment

What does this have to do with my entire world?
          You seem to deliver authoritative opinions on many subjects, regardless of their validity, or that is the impression I have had over a short time following this message board.

Yes, I've heard of those things. Do you have a point you're trying to convey? There are exceptions to every rule, but they don't necessarily disqualify it.
          That is precisely my point. These are not exceptions, but majority of unwanted/undesirable/life-shattering (take your pick) pregnancies.

Even in those situations you listed women control the situation.
          A major fallacy. Those "weakness" situations I listed for you, disqualify this statement entirely. Once she was "swept off her feet, drunk..." she no longer has the control.

Before every one of your examples the woman could've taken birth control before she was in those situations. That is, before she got drunk, before she was manipulated, before she gave in to magnetic appeal, etc.
          As jazzcyclist pointed out, no birth control is entirely effective. Furthermore, not all women use birth control. Women in a steady relationship, married, those with religious proscription may not use BC, yet may appear in those vulnarable situations. No need to moralize here as to why those women should not appear in a vulnerable position. Sometimes they do.

Doesn't affect the reality that women control the situation one iota.
          There is no doubt that the reproduction is primarily controlled by a female, not only human, but in mammals and even down the line, all the way to the invertebrates. That said, having more control than the male, does not mean not being vulnerable, as I am trying to convey.

Comment

I have edit this to thank you for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by ranunculus
              There is no doubt that the reproduction is primarily controlled by a female, not only human, but in mammals and even down the line, all the way to the invertebrates. That said, having more control than the male, does not mean not being vulnerable, as I am trying to convey.
              You typed all that just to conclude by acknowledging that I am correct.

"You're right" would've sufficed.

You seem to deliver an authoritative opinion on this subject, regardless of its validity, or that is the impression I have had over a short time following you on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by ranunculus
                You typed all that just to conclude by acknowledging that I am correct.

"You're right" would've sufficed.

You seem to deliver an authoritative opinion on this subject, regardless of its validity, or that is the impression I have had over a short time following you on this message board.
                Taking things out of context is a wonderful way to debate. What a lovely partner you are.

Comment

I dont think we're debating.

Based on your response we agree.

Comment

It IS the girls' fault.

Women control the birth of children- men are only random participants.

Even if a woman tells you that she's tryin to get pregnant it may not be true.

How many couples are "trying to get pregnant and have been for years" thinking that somethings wrong, when in reality the woman is using protection unbeknownst to the man and just doesn't want a child...even though he does?

Tons.

Conversely(?) when a woman tells a man that she's using protection and doesn't want to get pregnant that also may not be true. The plan all along is to try and trap the man by getting pregnant. This happens often with athletes much more often in the general population.

No one today has to get pregnant on accident. That's rarer than having a winning lottery ticket.

All births are planned.

Just not by men.
                    You probably are being a little tongue in cheek when you typed this but I laughed when I read this.

After our third child my wife wanted more and I really didn't at that time. We were using condoms and I noticed one time something was wrong with the wrapper and upon closer inspection, she had been sticking needles through the packets!

Women can be devious!

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
                      After our third child my wife wanted more and I really didn't at that time. We were using condoms and I noticed one time something was wrong with the wrapper and upon closer inspection, she had been sticking needles through the packets!

Women can be devious!
                      :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X