X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is Favre smoking??

Enough already!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Re: What the heck is Favre smoking??

Originally posted by Dietmar239
    More than wanting to play, I think he has a fear of no longer being relevant.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

local talk radio this afternoon played a clip of Jim Nantz with Dan Patrick, and Nantz says people don't realize that Favre played the last half the season with a tear so bad the biceps was "hanging by a thread." Jets were so ready to throw him (somebody) under the bus that they downplayed the significance of that.

Upshot being that he may still have "lots" left in the tank.

Comment

Farve had some great, no really great games last year. He still is better than 90% of the starters out there. The fact that he can not make up his mind is getting old.
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Upshot being that he may still have "lots" left in the tank.

Except he didn't have that torn biceps repaired, and hasn't worked out in the offseason.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

I have no problem with him wanting to play into his dotage, but he should at least be honest with everyone about it. The retire-unretire-retire-unretire shtick detracts from a great career. Did he not witness the Michael Jordan farce?

Comment

If he were a boxer, this would be acceptable, since it's standard operating procedure to come out of retirement two or three times in that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                Farve had some great, no really great games last year. He still is better than 90% of the starters out there. The fact that he can not make up his mind is getting old.
                Brett Favre never tolerated not being center of attention. Good, bad, TD's, interceptions, family events, laughs, tears, drugs, name it. His worship was a fairly universal Wisconsin religion. He also made sure that the worship will quickly turn into resentment. Way to go, Brett!
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                  His worship was a fairly universal Wisconsin religion.
                  Last year I saw a lot of kids in WI wearing Jets gear with Favre's name on it. So will they be wearing Viking gear this year?

Comment

Brett Favre never tolerated not being center of attention. Good, bad, TD's, interceptions, family events, laughs, tears, drugs, name it. His worship was a fairly universal Wisconsin religion. He also made sure that the worship will quickly turn into resentment. Way to go, Brett!
                    I know, but can he still throw a damn football?
                    phsstt!

Comment

I think, the Packers' and Bears' DE's are already licking their chops.
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I think, the Packers' and Bears' DE's are already licking their chops.
                        They have to get pass that massive Viking offensive line! Hey what the hell im i saying, im a 9er fan.
                        phsstt!

Comment

If he can still throw and be a great playmaker then that's good news for Adrian Peterson and Harvin, but like Marlow said, make up your dang mind!!
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Favre staying retired.......the Vikings have been jilted at the altar....perhaps a blessing in disguise....

Comment

Yes, it's official, Brett Favre is out for the season.

:twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X