Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Tests Positive PED's

Manny Ramirez just got popped for 50 games for testing postive for PED's. He was one guy I thought was so much of a natural that he wouldn't need to. He's lucky he's in baseball and only got 1/3 of a season instead of multiple years.

You're surprised? Seriously?

Comment

The word is he will say it was something a doctor gave him.
      phsstt!

Comment

Yes, Squack, he did just that:

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said in a statement issued by the players' union.

"Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons."
        (Sportsline)

Comment

This is huge! First-ever heavy suspension for a real superstar, no?

Comment

If Plaxico Buress can find a doctor that would cover up a gun shot wound, then surely Ramirez wouldn't have a problem finding a crooked doctor who's willing to write phoney prescriptions. As a matter of fact, a few years ago, there were several Carolina Panthers football players who were getting phoney prescriptions from a crooked doctor who has since lost his license.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I agree this is earth shattering......but rather good news for this Giants fan! :twisted:
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                Originally posted by gh
                I agree this is earth shattering......but rather good news for this Giants fan! :twisted:
                Under T&F rules, the Dodgers might now be mired in a 29-game losing streak, instead of being 21-8!

Comment

I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons."
                  How many of those were unannounced, out-of-competition tests?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    How many of those were unannounced, out-of-competition tests?
                    Irrelevant! A passed test is a passed test. Just ask Marion Jones. :twisted:

Comment

Overshadows the fine 13-0 they have put up at Dodger Stadium. This "mistake" will cost about 8M-USD to Ramirez, who haggled over this contract in the first place this spring.

Comment

Re: Manny Tests Positive PED's

Originally posted by 502CD
                        Manny Ramirez just got popped for 50 games for testing postive for PED's. He was one guy I thought was so much of a natural that he wouldn't need to. He's lucky he's in baseball and only got 1/3 of a season instead of multiple years.
                        He's still going to lose $8,000,000 in salary, and maybe a few endorsements. Even with a 2 year ban, hardly any T&F athlete would lose that amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                          Actually I am surprised.....surprised the MLB actually did something about it. Good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Who_Cares
                            Originally posted by gm
                            Actually I am surprised.....surprised the MLB actually did something about it. Good for them.
                            Very Surprised he doesn't strike me as someone who uses PED's. I can't wait to see what the actual product is. It's probably BS. Baseball Players usually stick to Roids.
                            Afrikan

Comment

Re: Manny Tests Positive PED's

Originally posted by 502CD
                              Is he more of a natural than Barry Bonds? Look at Bonds record from early on and his athleticism and perentage and early access to top training.

Comment

Working...
                              X