Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meersburger Update:
    Checked it out at 1300 hours last Wednesday. Still there. A sort of adobe style 1920s add on to the 1902 store and post office, which is still main dining area, kinda ruins the territorial architecural ambiance but still, you won't mistake it for the Vegas strip.. Also they have added a unisex indoor bathroom behind the cashiers station.. and they take credit cards!.
    Still serving whopping , sizzling seven inch buns with 8 x 0.5 inch patty of freshly ground, home grown, longhorn beef, $6.95, one quart Mason jar of Dr Pepper $1.00.
    They also offer an eleven inch bun which intimidates most mortals but there were about a dozen soldiers from Fort Sill dining there who were not fazed and were wolfing em down with mountains of communal french fries, washed down with copius amount of Meers Beer.
    Meers is on the northern boundary of Fort Sill impact area, probably 20 miles from the main post. Fort Sill is an artillery post but most of these men and two women, wore jump wings and 1st Cav shoulder patches.
    I counted cars from about ten states from Oregon to NC parked alongside the road. The Oregon couple said they saw Meers burgers on the Food Channel and had driven 2100 miles to check it out, making it perhaps the most expensive hamburger in the world.
    BTW, if you go, print out a map from Mapquest or Google. The direct road to Meers from I--44 does not appear on the official Oklahoma road map.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      Meersburger Update:
      Checked it out at 1300 hours last Wednesday. Still there. A sort of adobe style 1920s add on to the 1902 store and post office, which is still main dining area, kinda ruins the territorial architecural ambiance but still, you won't mistake it for the Vegas strip.. Also they have added a unisex indoor bathroom behind the cashiers station.. and they take credit cards!.
      Still serving whopping , sizzling seven inch buns with 8 x 0.5 inch patty of freshly ground, home grown, longhorn beef, $6.95, one quart Mason jar of Dr Pepper $1.00.
      They also offer an eleven inch bun which intimidates most mortals but there were about a dozen soldiers from Fort Sill dining there who were not fazed and were wolfing em down with mountains of communal french fries, washed down with copius amount of Meers Beer.
      Meers is on the northern boundary of Fort Sill impact area, probably 20 miles from the main post. Fort Sill is an artillery post but most of these men and two women, wore jump wings and 1st Cav shoulder patches.
      I counted cars from about ten states from Oregon to NC parked alongside the road. The Oregon couple said they saw Meers burgers on the Food Channel and had driven 2100 miles to check it out, making it perhaps the most expensive hamburger in the world.
      BTW, if you go, print out a map from Mapquest or Google. The direct road to Meers from I--44 does not appear on the official Oklahoma road map.
      Sweet! I have to wait a couple months, but I'll be there once again. It's usually the only redeeming event for me during an inlaw visit.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
      X