• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by gh
    I must be a real man 8-)

By the time the backyard blowout had ended I had sampled tequila, beer, champagne, white wine, red wine, Bailey's and ouzo.
    Am I going to be admonished for not caring much for ouzo? Better than Sambuca, though.
    I prefer the latter. But when in Greece, I usually go with the flow and have an ouzo if one is offered.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    I must be a real man 8-)

By the time the backyard blowout had ended I had sampled tequila, beer, champagne, white wine, red wine, Bailey's and ouzo.
    Am I going to be admonished for not caring much for ouzo? Better than Sambuca, though.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    [quote=tandfman]
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    You gin and vodka guys are nuts - Pre was a bourbon guy all the way. Bookers, Knob Creek, something in that neighborhood.
    If I told you how I liked my chicken and fish, would you assume that I don't enjoy beef or lamb? Why would you think that drinking gin and vodka precludes drinking bourbon? Sitting in my bar right now are open bottles of Blanton's, Old Whiskey River, and Eagle Rare. Plus Jack, of course.

Originally posted by "bad hammy":3afflohz
    Real men don't drink clear adult beverages or beer out of clear or green bottles . . .
    Real men drink EVERYTHING! [/quote:3afflohz]

How true. 30 years ago I visited my brother in the Peace Corps in Ghana. The local drink is palm wine. Really great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    I must be a real man 8-)

If you sampled all of that and can remember it your samples were way too small . . .

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I must be a real man 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Real men drink EVERYTHING!
    That's my understanding, too 8-) .

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Of course not! Babs doesn't drink :-)

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Yesterday was tequila day in gh & babsie's back yard: 3 bottles Cuervo gold, 2 bottles Milagro, 1 bottle Sauza, 1 bottle Cazadores, 2 bottles Cointreau, 1 bottle Triple Sec, 1 bottle Grand Marnier, 4 bottles Dr. Swami. Plus many limes and mucho salt. Ay caramba!
    You drank all that between the pair of you? :shock:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Yesterday was tequila day in gh & babsie's back yard: 3 bottles Cuervo gold, 2 bottles Milagro, 1 bottle Sauza, 1 bottle Cazadores, 2 bottles Cointreau, 1 bottle Triple Sec, 1 bottle Grand Marnier, 4 bottles Dr. Swami. Plus many limes and mucho salt. Ay caramba!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    You gin and vodka guys are nuts - Pre was a bourbon guy all the way. Bookers, Knob Creek, something in that neighborhood.
    If I told you how I liked my chicken and fish, would you assume that I don't enjoy beef or lamb? Why would you think that drinking gin and vodka precludes drinking bourbon? Sitting in my bar right now are open bottles of Blanton's, Old Whiskey River, and Eagle Rare. Plus Jack, of course.

Real men don't drink clear adult beverages or beer out of clear or green bottles . . .
    Real men drink EVERYTHING!

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    I believe Viren would have offered Pre a clear shot of Finlandia vodka had they had the occasion... none of the mango, lime or cranberry stuff. I don't think Pre would have objected.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    You gin and vodka guys are nuts - Pre was a bourbon guy all the way. Bookers, Knob Creek, something in that neighborhood. Real men don't drink clear adult beverages or beer out of clear or green bottles . . .

Leave a comment:

• lovetorun
    replied
    Wow...all the way from Pre to gin and tonic...this thread has lost it's way!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    No, don't forget the vodka. I certainly wouldn't want to make a martini with vodka, but on its own, vodka on the rocks with a twist is a terrific drink, if that's what you feel like having. As with gin, the right brand is the key. My faves are Grey Goose and Stoli.

As for gin, I think Sapphire is clearly the best, and with the occasional exception of Hendricks, the only gin I'll use for a martini. But for a gin & tonic, I generally use Tanqueray.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    ..... dirty Sapphire gibsons..... :-)
    Yes, I think you may be right. Though I think Pre would have been an anchovy olive man, after all Coos Bay is on the coast.

But remember very dry...like tandfman I measure the vermouth with a dropper...

But the real key here is a good gin...Sapphire, Tanqueray, Beefeater... all good gins... and forget the vodka...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X