Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nom de guerre

I've noticed quite a few "new" members on the board recently. It strikes me that this is possibly, perhaps likely, some of the old guard simply posting under a pseudonym. Is this common practice?

Sorry if I'm being naive here.

How did 'A Name of War' become synonomous with a pseudonym?

Maybe in war one uses stealth in realation to ones enemy???

Comment

You're on the right track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nom_de_gue ... _de_guerre

Comment

Actually, I'm betting most of our new friends are Trackshark refugees... and we welcome them!

Comment

Indeed, I had forgotten about that. Still, would be interesting to know how many here use 2 or more handles. I've always been me.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
            Thanks for the link - it was an easy inference.

Comment

Indeed, I had forgotten about that. Still, would be interesting to know how many here use 2 or more handles. I've always been me.
              There's nothing in the T&FN Guidelines that prevents one from changing handles and/or posting under more than one.

It's generally considered rather tacky, however, to bolster your own argument by weighing in on a subject as two different personae. If you can't "win" the game without fake support then you're in over your head.

Comment

gh, without naming names or handles, how many people are on the permanent banned ( aka shit ) list ?

Comment

Of actual posters (not spammers) there are only a handful. My educated guess would be fewer than a dozen.

Comment

but most are repeat offenders

Comment

Trackshark Refugee here. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TrackAunt
                        Trackshark Refugee here. :lol:
                        Hey..... we resemble that Refugee comment...LOL

P.S. T.A. ..... that's not directed toward you, my dear sister :wink: 8-)
                        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          It's generally considered rather tacky, however, to bolster your own argument by weighing in on a subject as two different personae. If you can't "win" the game without fake support then you're in over your head.
                          When I want to rip my own argument to shreds, I usually use the "gh" handle.

Comment

As one who works with words for a living, I have to say that I don't recall ever hearing this term before. ops:

Comment

I used to post under a different name, but since I've started using this handle I haven't posted under the old one.

Comment

Working...
                              X