Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Barça/Man U thread?

Well, 45 minutes in, it's probably still nil-nil, so nothing to report anyway. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1-0 Barca, actually. Ronaldo had two great shots early - one a penalty kick. Obviously, he missed both.

Comment

e-mail I got:

<<Man U destined to lose before even taking the pitch. Their shirts are
      emblazoned with the logo of AIG!>>

Comment

followup e-mail from another:

<<Lose?! How can Man U lose? No matter what happens on the pitch the feds are going to bail them out!>>

Comment

They're going to need a lot of help now after Messi's header into the right corner made it 2-0 in the 69th minute.

Comment

With 3 minutes of added time to go, Man U, down 2-nil look positively awful. They deserve to lose.

PS. No repeat of the 1999 comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
              With 3 minutes of added time to go, Man U, down 2-nil look positively awful. They deserve to lose.

PS. No repeat of the 1999 comeback.
              Yep. Completely outplayed. Damn.

Comment

ManU had no imagination in attack. (I only saw the second half)

Comment

HELLOOOOOO! The game isn't on ESPN till TONIGHT!!!!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Now, this is a TAFNY .
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                      Daisy, you were lucky. They were even worse in the first half. After Tevez came on they looked better but not much.

By the way, why didn't Ronaldo take the free kick instead of Giggs? That was a great opportunity that went nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

I just saw it on ESPN. In HD no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                          Originally posted by Daisy
                          Daisy, you were lucky. They were even worse in the first half. After Tevez came on they looked better but not much.

By the way, why didn't Ronaldo take the free kick instead of Giggs? That was a great opportunity that went nowhere.
                          Giggs should not even be playing. Did nothing. Bad sign for United when they showed up in Real Madrid colors.

But I did not see this one coming, especially after Barca's game against Chelsea which they clearly should have lost. I was ashamed of being Norwegian after that match!!

But I'm not a United fan so I could sit back and enjoy Barca. And yes, Messi clearly over Ronaldo!

Comment

That was an awesome performance by Barcelona - Man U weren't that bad, they just couldn't get the ball. Iniesta was simply brilliant, haven't seen technique like that for years - and he was only half-fit.

Simple header for Messi - hang time about 3 seconds, ball behind him, he's 1,30 tall... :shock: :shock: Amazing.

That was the real deal. A pleasure to see.[/u][/i]

Comment

Originally posted by rumbleyoungmanrumble
                              That was an awesome performance by Barcelona - Man U weren't that bad, they just couldn't get the ball. Iniesta was simply brilliant, haven't seen technique like that for years - and he was only half-fit.

Simple header for Messi - hang time about 3 seconds, ball behind him, he's 1,30 tall... :shock: :shock: Amazing.

That was the real deal. A pleasure to see.[/u][/i]
                              Sorry, but Man U was that bad. The few times they had the ball it appeared they didn't know what to do with it, ie. Giggs taking the free kick instead of Ronaldo....ugh.

Oh, well at least they beat Hull.

Comment

Working...
                              X