• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by rumbleyoungmanrumble
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Did they demonstrate these superlative ball retaining skills in other champions league games?
    Yes. Many times. Bayern Munich, Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, poor little Basle...
    And judging from the responses above that sounds right.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Don't get me wrong. I thought Barca played marvelously. Their passing was amazing. That fluidity seemed to flummox ManU completely. Rooney and Ronaldo looked very frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• rumbleyoungmanrumble
    replied
    Did they demonstrate these superlative ball retaining skills in other champions league games?
    Yes. Many times. Bayern Munich, Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, poor little Basle...

Leave a comment:

• Cyril
    replied
    That was an awesome performance by Barcelona - Man U weren't that bad, they just couldn't get the ball. Iniesta was simply brilliant, haven't seen technique like that for years - and he was only half-fit.

Simple header for Messi - hang time about 3 seconds, ball behind him, he's 1,30 tall... :shock: :shock: Amazing.

That was the real deal. A pleasure to see.[/u][/i]
    I also agree. Well, kind of. ManU was pretty bad - relatively speaking. They looked like a "B -level" team. It was amazing how good Barca was - they outplayed MU in every position and every aspect of the game.

Maybe we didn't see the same flow against Chelsea because Chelsea packed it in. To MU's credit - they came out and tried to play open soccer. But, that played into Barc's games....obviously they can't compete with Barca in an open game.

Maybe they should have used the Chelsea strategy - pack it in and go for the long-ball counter attacks. Well, hind-sight is 20/20, but ManU was given a soccer lesson.

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied
    Bottom line - Barca made a very good team look ordinary.
    Well said, I'm in complete agreement with your whole post. Defining the match through Man U being "bad" isn't right. Barca played superb football and should be lauded for their commitment to the beautiful game. Man U simply weren't allowed to play their usual flowing and attacking game. Remember, Barca beat Real Madrid 6-2 a few weeks ago....

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    The reason Man U never had the ball is because Barcelona are maybe the best ball-retaining team I've ever seen
    their struggles against Chelsea
    Isn't this the whole point? Against Chelsea they looked nothing like a "ball-retaining team". I don't see that many games so it is hard to judge if that was a one off bad performance. Did they demonstrate these superlative ball retaining skills in other champions league games?

Leave a comment:

• rumbleyoungmanrumble
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    1-0 Barca, actually. Ronaldo had two great shots early - one a penalty kick. Obviously, he missed both.
    ??? What penalty? Or, as eldrick puts it...

eh????

You guys were watching a different game to me
    :wink:

Leave a comment:

• rumbleyoungmanrumble
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    That was an awesome performance by Barcelona - Man U weren't that bad, they just couldn't get the ball. Iniesta was simply brilliant, haven't seen technique like that for years - and he was only half-fit.

Simple header for Messi - hang time about 3 seconds, ball behind him, he's 1,30 tall... :shock: :shock: Amazing.

Sorry, but Man U was that bad. The few times they had the ball it appeared they didn't know what to do with it, ie. Giggs taking the free kick instead of Ronaldo....ugh.

Oh, well at least they beat Hull.
    Sorry, Barcelona were that good. The reason Man U never had the ball is because Barcelona are maybe the best ball-retaining team I've ever seen - as the commentary here said, Iniesta and Xavi haven't given a ball away since they were spotty teenagers. A lot of Man U players were humbled - Giggs, Park, Anderson and Carrick were awful, Ferdinand rusty, Rooney marginalised and Vidic showing once again that he loses it completely against top-class strikers - remember the roasting he got from Torres when Liverpool beat them 4-1? As much as I hate the prima donna perfumed ponce that is Ronaldo, he never gave up.

The British press severly underestimated this Barca team - probably based on their struggles against Chelsea, but to those who watch La Liga week in and week out, this performance was what we've come to expect. 107 league goals...

Bottom line - Barca made a very good team look ordinary.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Sorry, but Man U was that bad. The few times they had the ball it appeared they didn't know what to do with it, ie. Giggs taking the free kick instead of Ronaldo....ugh.

Oh, well at least they beat Hull.

Leave a comment:

• rumbleyoungmanrumble
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    ManU had no imagination in attack. (I only saw the second half)
    Daisy, you were lucky. They were even worse in the first half. After Tevez came on they looked better but not much.

By the way, why didn't Ronaldo take the free kick instead of Giggs? That was a great opportunity that went nowhere.
    Giggs should not even be playing. Did nothing. Bad sign for United when they showed up in Real Madrid colors.

But I did not see this one coming, especially after Barca's game against Chelsea which they clearly should have lost. I was ashamed of being Norwegian after that match!!

But I'm not a United fan so I could sit back and enjoy Barca. And yes, Messi clearly over Ronaldo!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    HELLOOOOOO! The game isn't on ESPN till TONIGHT!!!!! :wink:

I just saw it on ESPN. In HD no less.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    ManU had no imagination in attack. (I only saw the second half)
    Daisy, you were lucky. They were even worse in the first half. After Tevez came on they looked better but not much.

By the way, why didn't Ronaldo take the free kick instead of Giggs? That was a great opportunity that went nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Now, this is a TAFNY .

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...