Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV better than movies?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Marlow
    I own two TV series in their entirety on DVD, Monty Python and my all-time favorite series, M*A*S*H. I can't bring myself to watch either one
    :?: :?: Why did you buy them?

    Didn't mash run for ever, how many DVD's in that set?

    Comment


    • #17
      A friend lent me the DVD'S of 2 seasons of "Rome" and i couldnt stop watching it. But to buy them? I think they are like 50-60 bucks a piece.
      phsstt!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Daisy
        Originally posted by Marlow
        I own two TV series in their entirety on DVD, Monty Python and my all-time favorite series, M*A*S*H. I can't bring myself to watch either one
        :?: :?: Why did you buy them?
        Didn't mash run for ever, how many DVD's in that set?
        I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them. M*A*S*H was on for 11 years, and I paid a pretty price!

        wiki:
        The series premiered on September 17, 1972, and ended February 28, 1983, with the finale becoming the most-watched television episode in U.S. television history, with over 105 million viewers.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Marlow
          I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them.
          Well now you know better. Maybe you should send them to someone who would watch them?

          Daisy, PO BOX 6274, Madison, WI

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            A friend lent me the DVD'S of 2 seasons of "Rome" and i couldnt stop watching it. But to buy them? I think they are like 50-60 bucks a piece.
            Rome was a great show. Too bad it only lasted for two seasons.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bad hammy
              Originally posted by SQUACKEE
              A friend lent me the DVD'S of 2 seasons of "Rome" and i couldnt stop watching it. But to buy them? I think they are like 50-60 bucks a piece.
              Rome was a great show. Too bad it only lasted for two seasons.
              Yep, i knew before i started watching it that it lasted 2 seasons but my friend was watching in real time and was really bummed when he went on line to find out when the third season was to start...ouch! :x
              phsstt!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Daisy
                Originally posted by Marlow
                I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them.
                Well now you know better. Maybe you should send them to someone who would watch them?
                I would, but hopes springs eternal - maybe THIS is the summer I will!

                (remind you of the little kid who doesn't play with a toy, but when another kid wants to, he pitches a fit?)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Just finished watching the series premiere of the TNT crime drama "Dark Blue". Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover police crew. If the popoff is any indication I know where I'll be at 10:00 PM Wednesdays for the foreseeable future.

                  http://www.tnt.tv/series/darkblue/
                  There are no strings on me

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: TV better than movies?

                    Originally posted by jhc68
                    I was just talking to a friend who has lived overseas for the past 20 years about American TV and came to the conclusion that I really prefer the best (IMHO) TV series better than most films over the past few years.
                    The Office
                    30 Rock
                    24
                    Damages
                    Dexter
                    Madmen
                    Battlestar Galactica
                    Big Love
                    Dr. Who
                    MI5
                    Torchwood
                    Southland

                    Given the choice of watching these series and paying a fortune to watch the latest big screen release, it's an easy choice for me to stay home.
                    Am I just getting senile?
                    Don't forget "Law&Order"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by guru
                      Just finished watching the series premiere of the TNT crime drama "Dark Blue". Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover police crew. If the popoff is any indication I know where I'll be at 10:00 PM Wednesdays for the foreseeable future.

                      http://www.tnt.tv/series/darkblue/
                      RATS I MISSED THE FIRST SHOW I LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X