X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    Just finished watching the series premiere of the TNT crime drama "Dark Blue". Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover police crew. If the popoff is any indication I know where I'll be at 10:00 PM Wednesdays for the foreseeable future.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/darkblue/
    RATS I MISSED THE FIRST SHOW I LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Re: TV better than movies?

Originally posted by jhc68
    I was just talking to a friend who has lived overseas for the past 20 years about American TV and came to the conclusion that I really prefer the best (IMHO) TV series better than most films over the past few years.
    The Office
    30 Rock
    Damages
    Dexter
    Madmen
    Battlestar Galactica
    Big Love
    Dr. Who
    MI5
    Torchwood
    Southland

Given the choice of watching these series and paying a fortune to watch the latest big screen release, it's an easy choice for me to stay home.
    Am I just getting senile?
    Don't forget "Law&Order"

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Just finished watching the series premiere of the TNT crime drama "Dark Blue". Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover police crew. If the popoff is any indication I know where I'll be at 10:00 PM Wednesdays for the foreseeable future.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/darkblue/

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Marlow
    I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them.
    Well now you know better. Maybe you should send them to someone who would watch them?
    I would, but hopes springs eternal - maybe THIS is the summer I will!

(remind you of the little kid who doesn't play with a toy, but when another kid wants to, he pitches a fit?)

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    A friend lent me the DVD'S of 2 seasons of "Rome" and i couldnt stop watching it. But to buy them? I think they are like 50-60 bucks a piece.
    Rome was a great show. Too bad it only lasted for two seasons.
    Yep, i knew before i started watching it that it lasted 2 seasons but my friend was watching in real time and was really bummed when he went on line to find out when the third season was to start...ouch! :x

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    A friend lent me the DVD'S of 2 seasons of "Rome" and i couldnt stop watching it. But to buy them? I think they are like 50-60 bucks a piece.
    Rome was a great show. Too bad it only lasted for two seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them.
    Well now you know better. Maybe you should send them to someone who would watch them?

Daisy, PO BOX 6274, Madison, WI

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    I own two TV series in their entirety on DVD, Monty Python and my all-time favorite series, M*A*S*H. I can't bring myself to watch either one
    :?: :?: Why did you buy them?
    Didn't mash run for ever, how many DVD's in that set?
    I bought because I THOUGHT I would watch them. M*A*S*H was on for 11 years, and I paid a pretty price!

wiki:
    The series premiered on September 17, 1972, and ended February 28, 1983, with the finale becoming the most-watched television episode in U.S. television history, with over 105 million viewers.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    I own two TV series in their entirety on DVD, Monty Python and my all-time favorite series, M*A*S*H. I can't bring myself to watch either one
    :?: :?: Why did you buy them?

Didn't mash run for ever, how many DVD's in that set?

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown
    Originally posted by gh
    Couple of months back the local critic wrote a column on why the best TV doesn't require paying for cable or satellite. Just buy boxed sets of TV stuff:
    Or just rent them. It's a lot cheaper. We did that for the first 5 seasons of 24 and watched them all in one summer. Also did that for the entire series of Alias and Deadwood.
    This is how we watched the entire Sopranos series. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown
    We did that for the first 5 seasons of 24 and watched them all in one summer. Also did that for the entire series of Alias and Deadwood.
    I'm way too ADD to do that! Too much of a good thing is still too much. I own two TV series in their entirety on DVD, Monty Python and my all-time favorite series, M*A*S*H. I can't bring myself to watch either one . . . some deep-seated Freudian issue, I'm sure!

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by jhc68
    Tutti Frutti sounds great. Mostly I like anything with Emma Thomspon! But it appears sort of unavailable to see now.
    Amazing that it can be lost over copyright issues. But the wikipedia site said it will finally be available on DVD this summer. I remember when it first aired and it was one of those shows that everyone was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Cooter Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Couple of months back the local critic wrote a column on why the best TV doesn't require paying for cable or satellite. Just buy boxed sets of TV stuff:
    Or just rent them. It's a lot cheaper. We did that for the first 5 seasons of 24 and watched them all in one summer. Also did that for the entire series of Alias and Deadwood.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    Tutti Frutti sounds great. Mostly I like anything with Emma Thomspon! But it appears sort of unavailable to see now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X