Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel-less engine....no joke

Now Landon is waiting for a decision from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on his latest and most ambitious project — a magnet-powered motor. Such "fuel-less" motors could be used to run anything, negating the need for fuel of any kind, Landon said. The implications of his claim are huge, he acknowledged, and people will be skeptical.

One of his own relatives asked how it was possible that no one had thought of such a motor before, Landon said. But he is undeterred."They never thought Thomas Edison would get the light bulb working, either," Landon said.

Source
    :roll:

Let's hope this guy doesn't get any of the stimulus money. As he says, "people will be skeptical"...really!?

Re: Fuel-less engine....no joke

Originally posted by Daisy
    people will be skeptical"...really!?
    I believe!!! 8-) :!:

Comment

Sounds utopian, but wouldn't it be nice to be free from dependence on oil. (Nothing personal, lonewolf.)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        Sounds utopian, but wouldn't it be nice to be free from dependence on oil. (Nothing personal, lonewolf.)
        Ya still gonna have to lubricate machinery powered by the magnet motor :P

Comment

I like oil. I like the way it smells when it comes out my non-catted exhaust.

Comment

I like the way it smells when it comes out of the ground (Unless it is high sulfur)

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              Ya still gonna have to lubricate machinery powered by the magnet motor :P
              At a much higher cost per barrel no doubt. :roll: :? :lol:
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                I like the way it smells when it comes out of the ground (Unless it is high sulfur)
                I like the way it smells when it comes out of my Coppertone bottle.

Comment

My non-physicist take on this.

If it's a simple magnet, it is nonsense as every perpetual machine.
                  If it's an electromagnet, it needs to be constantly replenished.

Bottom line. Another kook. There have been a few.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    My non-physicist take on this.

If it's a simple magnet, it is nonsense as every perpetual machine.
                    If it's an electromagnet, it needs to be constantly replenished.

Bottom line. Another kook. There have been a few.
                    Yep. I do not expect it to render me any more obsolete than I already am.

Comment

http://www.afstrinity.com/

Comment

I'm afraid that if anyone ever actually did invent a decent car that didn't need traditional fuel, he/she would find himself in the same situation as that encountered by the guy played by Alec Guinness in The Man In The White Suit. But it would probably be uglier. . . .much uglier.

Comment

I'm sure MM could give us countless examples.

Comment

I'm assuming the story of the guy in the 50s or 60swho invented a carburetor that got 100mpg and Big Oil bought him out to shut him up, is apocryphal? :wink:

Comment

As always, SNOPES is your friend:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X