Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USA, Bully of the Sports World

is getting waxed by COSTA RICA 2-0 in the first 13 minutes of a World Cup Qualifier - not a 'friendly' at all! That vein on Bob Bradley's forehead is gonna BLOW!!!!!

Re: The USA, Bully of the Sports World

Originally posted by Marlow
    is getting waxed by COSTA RICA 2-0 in the first 13 minutes of a World Cup Qualifier - not a 'friendly' at all! That vein on Bob Bradley's forehead is gonna BLOW!!!!!
    What happened!!!

I note Mexico has already lost two so a loss here might not be catastrophic.

Comment

Re: The USA, Bully of the Sports World

Originally posted by Daisy
      What happened!!!
      I can barely watch - my back is to the screen now! CR is in the full court press and they have the Latin 4-alarm-fire offense! I can hear Bradley's fillings cracking over the crowd noise!

Comment

Uh, are we talking about soccer, or a real sport . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          Same thing

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            Same thing
            Diametrically opposed . . .

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
              Originally posted by "bad hammy":1ugmepjg
              Same thing
              Diametrically opposed . . .[/quote:1ugmepjg]

In this instance hammy is right. The US vs Costa Rica barely qualifies as a football match...

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                Originally posted by "bad hammy":n0kxmgop
                Same thing
                Diametrically opposed . . .[/quote:n0kxmgop]
                A little like the communists and fascists?

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                  The US vs Costa Rica barely qualifies as a football match...
                  ** sniff, sniff ** Do I smell one of those limey b*stard footie snobs? :roll: :twisted:

Comment

Guessing this match is being played in San Jose. We always have a hard time with the Ticos down there. But that's soccer. It's just a coin toss at this level. This is why it's the most popular sport in the world. Backwater, third-world countries can appear to compete with anyone. They may wind up losing to Germany or Italy or Brazil, but it can often be by a margin of only 2-1. This makes the Costa Ricas of the world feel good about themselves. In no other sport, activity, contest, etc., can Costa Rica compete with the United States. This is soccer. Great, skilled athletes, but the dynamics of the sport make it somewhat of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                      The US vs Costa Rica barely qualifies as a football match...
                      ** sniff, sniff ** Do I smell one of those limey b*stard footie snobs? :roll: :twisted:
                      Fairly close to the truth....

...but, more of a response to the bh and BV's of the board who's football posts are always the same and entirely predictable.

In fact, after posting my dig, I bet myself that we'd hear from BV within the hour. And, low and behold

Comment

Then you should be proud of me, limeybas. . . I mean marknhj, because I have to constantly explain to my brethren Ami soccer fans, WHY the USA has so much trouble beating even the little teams like CR . . . cuz we simply don't understand that soccer to them is not even sport, it is a unifying national religion.

Comment

is a unifying national religion.
                          Remember the mods are watching

Bill, the game is an away one for the US.

By the way, for those who hate scoreless draws, this is the game for you :shock: Another one just went in.

Comment

Then you should be proud of me, limeybas. . . I mean marknhj, because I have to constantly explain to my brethren Ami soccer fans, WHY the USA has so much trouble beating even the little teams like CR . . . cuz we simply don't understand that soccer to them is not even sport, it is a unifying national religion.
                            CR is not a pushover, hasn't been in years. I have hard time comprehending the concept of going anywhere in international soccer and "expecting" to win. A couple of months ago in San Salvador, John Harkes just kept blabbering how "easy" this should be. I was worrying my ass off.
                            Last night I would have been happy as a lark with a draw. US played shittily, though. Bradley had his worst game ever, he should have been lifted after the first half, not Torres. The experiment with Beasley at left fullback is a disaster, he needs room to maneuver.
                            Most disappointing evening the last night was (hey, I can speek larryrawsonic 8-) ).
                            Hopefully they'll play Saturday against Honduras the way they did against Mexico.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I hate the title of this thread because it is so untrue.....Basketball...Baseball sometimes....Sprinting events on the track....The US is horrible it football so CR beating them is no shock.
                              Afrikan

Comment

Working...
                              X