Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does our "Lone Wolf" have a secret life?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by Squackee
    off they went with the wind at their back
    If they were heading west, wouldn't the wind be in their face? Or is the effect of one mother of a northeasterly?
    Havent you been paying attention? They have a gas powered fan blowing on the sails to make the ship move. Thats why the have to find The Wizard of Oil. Sheeshhhh..................
    phsstt!

Comment

]off they went with the wind at their back
      If they were heading west, wouldn't the wind be in their face? Or is the effect of one mother of a northeasterly?
      I have heard the old timers talk of easterly winds but always dismissed them as signs of senility, sort of like folks in West Texas have heard of rain.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        They have a gas powered fan blowing on the sails to make the ship move.
        Ah, I must have missed that bit. Sometimes I've been known to skip to the end of the book. :shock:
        Originally posted by lonewolf
        I have heard the old timers talk of easterly winds but always dismissed them as signs of senility, sort of like folks in West Texas have heard of rain.
        Or the Brits who have heard stories of the sun. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
          To be clear, this particular Dorothy was in her mid-20's, just to clear that up, and give the story more "upside", without risking any Lettermanesque slips....
          This is getting wierd. My late wife's name was Dorothy.
          Also, could we make her late-20s. My daughter does not condone my consorting with any female younger than my grandaughter.

Comment

[Ah, I must have missed that bit. Sometimes I've been known to skip to the end of the book. :shock: [:
            This might be a good time to do that
            Although I am fighting a losing battle, I feel sorta duty bound to stick around to correct historical, geographical and technical transgressions.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              [Ah, I must have missed that bit. Sometimes I've been known to skip to the end of the book. :shock: [:
              This might be a good time to do that
              Although I am fighting a losing battle, I feel sorta duty bound to stick around to correct historical, geographical and technical transgressions.
              Anyone that knows the ending to this book is prescient, indeed....who knows where this crew will take us :wink:

Meanwhile, we have a clue, Sherlock, as to how the mind (and body) of this legendary Wizard of Oil might work. Dorothy is nowhere near Oklahoma yet,
              and already "the Wiz" is thinking "consortium"...

Comment

Update.....
                Not able to find the birth certificate of this particular Dorothy, but she is one of those beautiful "somewhere between 25 and 50" women, according to all visual evidence....
                She is wearing some cute red slippers though....they seem to click when she walks...
                Meanwhile....

Comment

Update.....
                  She is wearing some cute red slippers though....they seem to click when she walks......
                  Those would be high-heeled moccasins..

Comment

Update.....
                    Not able to find the birth certificate of this particular Dorothy, but she is one of those beautiful "somewhere between 25 and 50" women, according to all visual evidence....
                    She is wearing some cute red slippers though....they seem to click when she walks...
                    Meanwhile....
                    She looks over at Captain Webb and cries were not in Kansas anymore. He responds, " We had to see The Wizard of Oil. This Pirate ship doesnt run on wind alone you know"!

Just then a 58 year old man with a sunburn swings on a rope from nowhere and lands directly on Captain Webb's head. "Don't be alarmed my friends" says the better than average looking stranger, " I'm here to save you from the worst grammar and spelling this teacher of english has ever seen!"

Captain Webb rises up and with one sweep of his sword beheads the know it all teacher and in the process insures a happy ending to this great saga.

Later..................................
                    phsstt!

Comment

And with that, the now-headless, would-be interloper, hurdled off into the distance, 3 steps, a bison, 3 steps, a bison, on so on as he disappeared into the distance, ne'er to be heard from again ( good luck with that one )...
                      And the search for the Wizard of Oil continued... Captain Webb, limping along, and Dorothy in her ruby red, beaded, soft leather slippers....

Comment

Just then the faint scream of a young lady wearing a pushup bra and tied up in the hull of a ship breaks the silence at the exact same time as Webb breaks wind.
                        Why :shock: ? Why ?
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                          Just then the faint scream of a young lady wearing a pushup bra and tied up in the hull of a ship breaks the silence at the exact same time as Webb breaks wind.
                          Why :shock: ? Why ?
                          All will be revealed in the fullness (no bra pun here) of time....
                          Patience, grasshopper ( with full respect to the recent crossing over)...
                          By the way, patience, grasshopper, originated in the area where we are headed, the "dust-bowl" of the 1930's, where grasshoppers had to learn to be patient to survive.....
                          No, I'm just messing with you .
                          And it's only just begun - OMG that headless hurdler just went by again - I think his technique is better now - If only he could speak, or not ....

Comment

As this epic Odyssey continued, (even Homer would be pissed that he wasn't involved, and the homer reference has nothing to do with Floridians)
                            it became apparent that more input was required to move this project forward....
                            A musical score is required.... (and the Wizard is saying...yes, score is good)
                            And there needs to be a number of brief dialogue interludes between the parties involved....

e.g.,....
                            Dorothy says, Captain Webbie, how did you think you could pilot that 3-master up the "Mighty Muddy" to Oklahoma...
                            Webbie says, well, Dot, I always heard that Oklahoma was "where the winds come sweeping down the plain"... that's what I heard in high school...

Comment

Aw, shit! I just realized this is just another Webb thread. Haven't we had enough of that? :roll:

Comment

Had to go take care of something, got behind in my editing.

There seems to be some ambiguity as to whether Capt Webb is attempting to navigate the unnavigable Red River, the unnavigable Oklahoma River or the unnavigable Arkansas River.
                                The Arkansas River crosses Kansas, where it is called the Ar-kansas, flows across the NE quadrant of Oklahoma into Arkansas, where it becomes the Arkan-saw and on to the Mississippi but is some 100 miles east of the plains down which Capt Webb is expecting winds to sweep, albeit in the wrong direction.
                                The Oklahoma River (nee South Canadian) lazes eight miles from where I sit. It is navigabe for about seven miles between Eastern Ave and Meridian Avenue, thanks to three inflatable dams, which have created a long narrow "lake" that is gaining national popularity as a rowing and power boat venue.

I was born six miles from the North (SaltFork) of the Red River, the original Oklahoma-Texas borde until surveyors decided the South (Prairie Dog) Fork was the main river and Old Greer County, the land between the forks, was deemed to be in Oklahoma instead of Texas.

Somebody mentioned missing the Chickasaw exit from the Mississippi. Curiously, there is no Chickasaw River in Oklahom, even though the Chickasaw were one of the "Five Civilized Tribes" displaced from the SE US to Indian Territory in the 1840s on the "Trail of Tears."

As to being a purveyor of gas or gasoline, I was involved in a refinery deal a few years ago....... lost my shirt... and pants... and socks...It will all be in the book just as soon as the statute of limitations expires on the non-disclosure agreement.

What happened ot the girl in the hold?... and how does Squak know from a faint scream that she is wearing a push-up bra?

One wonders if Capt Webb is wearing a hat. Dot may not know that until recently he would not have been worth scalping, if that is where she is leading him.

Maybe I should go easy on Capt Webb. He went to HS in Virginia where the rivers have water in them.

Writing is not easy, no? Makes you wonder how JK Rowling does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X