Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelham 123

I remembered seeing the 1974 original movie but didn't remember the details so I saw this Sunday afternoon before reading any new reviews.
    I thought I enjoyed the movie but when I got home and browsed through last weeks newpapers, I discovered it was a horrible movie. :? The critics savaged this movie unmercifully.compared to the original. :twisted:
    By a huge coincidence, or not, the original was on TV when I got home, so I watched it again. The advance in technology in 35 years is amazing.
    The critics and I are going to have to disagree on this one.

I was a teen in London when the original came out, and I gotta tell ya it put the fear into me since I rode the tube to school every day. I was ready to jump anyone that looked shady. Of course, I probably looked shadier than anyone else... :lol:

Comment

Lonewolf, you have a lot of audacity going to a movie without consulting first with the critics so you know whether you should like it or not! Who do you think you are??? What gives you the right to exercise random, independent thought processes?

Comment

And you didn't check with Marlow either. I mean we pay him the big bucks to tell us what to watch. He is so dedicated, he won't even eat the popcorn.

Comment

I'am going to check this movie out myself.

Comment

I expect Marlow to weigh in today after doing whatever it is he does when he is not doing anything.
            I may be in troouble, don't know how you unsee a movie if it does not meet his approval.

Comment

I liked it too, LW.

I thought the performances were better than the movie however.

Great cast, even beyond Denzel and Travolta.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                I expect Marlow to weigh in today after doing whatever it is he does when he is not doing anything.
                I may be in troouble, don't know how you unsee a movie if it does not meet his approval.
                Now lonewolf, I thought we've been through all this before. Do NOT attempt to emulate trained professionals like myself, and try to ideate an original critical cinematic thought! This is intellectually dangerous work, and should not, under any circumstances be attempted at home by an untrained amateur - dire circumstances could eventuate! When you need an opinion I would be happy to provide a certified one. In this case, I will quote THE current opinion I hold on the movie. You have my permission to cite it - in its entirety, if need be - to insure that no harm comes to your brain or anyone else's (especially on this board where I witness NO ONE else capable of an original thought about a movie). Here is the synopsis of my APPROVED review:

"This seems like an odd one to remake, but the plot has morphed, and Denzel and Travolta infuse it with the proper star quality, as they do a great job of racheting up the intensity. Director Tony Scott, taking some pointers from big bro, Ridley, has made a taut, suspenseful examination of the two men in opposition – Denzel’s everydayman vs. Travolta’s manic criminal mind. The resolution is believable, but it’s also a poetically just ending."

Enjoy!
                :wink:

Comment

Your batting average continues to improve, Marlow. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Your batting average continues to improve, Marlow.
                    Uh, oh...steroids....

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                      Your batting average continues to improve, Marlow.
                      Uh, oh...steroids....
                      Total coincidence that Bonds, Sosa and I have the same hat size: 10 1/2!

Comment

Nice review, Marlow!

Turturro and the guy from the Sopranos were good too.
                        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Your batting average continues to improve, Marlow. Couldn't have said it better myself.
                          How can one improve on perfection? :twisted:

Comment

Marlow a friend of mine went and saw the movie and he told me that Denzel's character was no goody two shoe himself his character had some criminal tendencies as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
                              Marlow a friend of mine went and saw the movie and he told me that Denzel's character was no goody two shoe himself his character had some criminal tendencies as well.
                              It was never made clear (to me) if Denzel's character was actually guilty of the charges he was accused of or if he confessed to placate Travolta.
                              I thought the silliest scene was where he argued with his wife on the phone about whether to bring home a gallon or half-gallon of milk while the copter waited, with clock ticking down, to take him to deliver the ransom to save lives.

Maybe it is just me, but every time I am delivering a $10 mill ransom under the gun, I just go ahead and spring for the extra half-gallon. .

Comment

Working...
                              X