• "SLAM" Magazine Revises Its 50 Greatest NBA List

12 years after they first ran such a list (Baylor only named no. 11):

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-ma ... ew-top-50/

Duncan over Bird????????????

Duncan of Hakeem????

Duncan over Moses??

Shaq above Kareem?????

OK, I'm out!!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
      OK, I'm out!!
      At least LeBron James was only 42, rather than #2.

Comment

Duncan of Hakeem????

Duncan over Moses??

Shaq above Kareem?????

OK, I'm out!!
        Scottie Pippen is on the list. That's enough to make the list ignorable.

Comment

Re: "SLAM" Magazine Revises Its 50 Greatest NBA Li

Originally posted by bijanc

Still no Bernard King. And I thought these punks were loyal to the streets.

Comment

I will give them credit for holding off on Lebron. As incredible as he is, he hasn't put in the time yet. 7-10 years from now, barring injury, I have no doubt he'll be somewhere in the top 7 or so.

Comment

If Larry Bird was filled with so-called abundant athleticism why didn't he guard an opposing teams best player on defense?I never once saw him guard great offensive players of his era one on one.And the defense he played was called "Shadow Defense"ask Isiah for references.

Comment

The original list didnt have Dominique Wilkins on it so it lost my respect.

At least this one got that right.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
                  If Larry Bird was filled with so-called abundant athleticism why didn't he guard an opposing teams best player on defense?I never once saw him guard great offensive players of his era one on one.And the defense he played was called "Shadow Defense"ask Isiah for references.
                  Larry Bird was NOT a great athlete despite what SLAM says. He was great because of his basketball IQ and that shot. He cheated on defense, often playing zone. But it worked. To me, Larry is the greatest player of all time. MJ didn't start winning all those NBA titles until Bird and Magic left. Magic won a title his first year and Bird in his second. Larry could hurt you in so many ways -- ways that don't show up on ESPN's Top Ten. And BTW Magic is second best of all time.

TrackDaddy, have to disagree on Nique. A great dunker and scorer, but a gunner and a loser. Georgia went to the Final Four the year after he went pro. That should be on his tombstone.

Comment

Bird was a great, great, great player.

Amazing in fact.

I dont care if he wasnt a leaper. I believe he was a GREAT defender all things considered. Great anticipation and a solid defensive rebounder.

I think you're being hard on Nique, Bill.

If not for those great eastern conference teams, surely he'd have lifted a trophy.

I remember some of his great offensive duels with Bird, Jordan, etc.

Top 50, easy,
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Re: "SLAM" Magazine Revises Its 50 Greatest NBA Li

Originally posted by BillVol
                      Originally posted by bijanc

Still no Bernard King. And I thought these punks were loyal to the streets.
                      aka, they dissed a Vol! :shock:

Comment

I remember when the original 50 Greatest came out. I too felt the greatest omission, by far, was The Human Highlight Film. He belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra

Duncan of Hakeem????

Duncan over Moses??

Shaq above Kareem?????

OK, I'm out!!
                          Scottie Pippen is on the list. That's enough to make the list ignorable.
                          WHY IS IT IGNORABLE WITH HIM ON THE LIST??????

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                            Bird was a great, great, great player.

Amazing in fact.

I dont care if he wasnt a leaper. I believe he was a GREAT defender all things considered. Great anticipation and a solid defensive rebounder.

I think you're being hard on Nique, Bill.

If not for those great eastern conference teams, surely he'd have lifted a trophy.

I remember some of his great offensive duels with Bird, Jordan, etc.

Top 50, easy,
                            Then great defenders belong on the NBA All defensive squad a la Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              The original list didnt have Dominique Wilkins on it so it lost my respect.

At least this one got that right.
                              Amen brother! Domonique has been slighted his entire career despite being a fantastic player. That's not even mentioning when the Hawks traded him for never-to-pan-out Danny Manning. Manning became a free agent and left at the end of that season. That was one of the worst trades from an organizational standpoint that I have ever seen.
                              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
                              X