Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Female Coaches Recruit/Coach Male Athletes?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Female Coaches Recruit/Coach Male Athletes?

In light of JJ Clark being put over both programs at Tennessee, I began thinking about how common it is for male coaches to coach female athletes in all sports, but never the other way around. Is this because female coaches can't recruit men/boys, or is it because men/boys don't respect female coaches? If Texas were to combine their programs, what is the likelihood that Bev Kearney would be made Director of Track and Field? What would be the reaction if a big-time men's basketball program hired Pat Summit?

That question was asked about Summitt would guys want to be coached by her after she was getting close to the all-time mark for career wins.I say why not????

Comment

can't poeple splle anyomre?

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
        can't poeple splle anyomre?
        The natoinal spleling be happneed last mnoth. Their are no pionts off far spellnig hear. :wink:

Comment

actually, to be more precise, it was a typing error, not a spelling issue...
          :wink:

on topic: my HS boys volleyball team was coached by a woman. she was a good coach but mean as hell. i was in her gym class, and she'd yell at some girls if they didn't apply themselves enough: "ladies, pardon the expression, but you throw like a girl!"

Comment

Women couldn't effectively recruit or coach boys or men in my opinion.

In certain cases yes, but generally speaking no.

Women are the weaker vessel and are consequently more fragile and less likely to be able to stand up to a testosterone driven revolt, if you will.

Also, males being dominant they possess the advantage in regard to sensual tension and subconcious control.

Women are more likely to cry in the face of adversity.

*Waits to be vilified for saying what others were thinking but wouldnt dare say* :lol:

Of course Tennesee HAD to hire a man if they were going to combine the male and female programs.

IMO, it would take one tough lesbian (not meant to be derogatory, just literal) to manage an all male collegiate track team and even she would struggle.

Now, the chess team may be a different matter, but I doubt it.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Being done : http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-t...e_craig00.html

Comment

Think there have been women head coaches of combined programs at Penn St, Cal Poly SLO, and UC-Davis.

Comment

Yes.
                  Next question.

Comment

Sex at Simon Fraser

Simon Fraser won the NAIA cross country and both track titles a few years ago with a woman as head coach.

Quick Silver
                    Hong Kong

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                      Yes.
                      So it's sexism, and not compatibility, the only reason that women don't get a shot at the top tier men's basketball and track programs? Is that why there are no female coaches in the NBA at the same time there are male coaches in the WNBA? And if men can coach softball, why can't women coach baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                        Think there have been women head coaches of combined programs at Penn St, Cal Poly SLO, and UC-Davis.
                        This was also done briefly at Tennessee St. with the men's basketball squad.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          Women couldn't effectively recruit or coach boys or men in my opinion.In certain cases yes, but generally speaking no.Women are the weaker vessel and are consequently more fragile and less likely to be able to stand up to a testosterone driven revolt, if you will. Women are more likely to cry in the face of adversity.IMO, it would take one tough lesbian (not meant to be derogatory, just literal) to manage an all male collegiate track team and even she would struggle.
                          Best post of the year! Too bad the year is 1858.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                            Women couldn't effectively recruit or coach boys or men in my opinion.In certain cases yes, but generally speaking no.Women are the weaker vessel and are consequently more fragile and less likely to be able to stand up to a testosterone driven revolt, if you will. Women are more likely to cry in the face of adversity.IMO, it would take one tough lesbian (not meant to be derogatory, just literal) to manage an all male collegiate track team and even she would struggle.
                            Best post of the year! Too bad the year is 1858.
                            You wouldn't have too go back that far to know what men thought about women.

Comment

where did you people dig up this old fossil??????

Comment

Working...
                              X