Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Female Coaches Recruit/Coach Male Athletes?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did see an interview with a male college soccer coach once who had only coached boys all his life. Then he ended up coaching a girls college team, and he said it was a big adjustment because their psyches were so fragile compared too boys. He said when you called the boys @#%&*!, they would just let it roll off their backs and do what you told them to do. He said that the first time he chewed out his girls team in that manner, they all ended up crying, and that's when he realized that he couldn't treat them the same way he treated the boys. He said that when you call girls worthless #%$#@!s, they actually believe they are worthless #%$#@!s.

Comment

Ok - I've seen a few surprising posts by TD lately (segregation thread & this one). Some imposter must have stolen his password to this board???

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that you can coach boys and girls the same, but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.

Comment

If the school advertised for "One tough Lesbian, no Lipstick lesbians please" their chances of finding a sucessful coach would skyrocket. :lol:
          phsstt!

Comment

I readily confess my ignorance on a great many topics. Can someone define a "Lipstick Lesbian" for me within the rules of the forum? :?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              I readily confess my ignorance on a great many topics. Can someone define a "Lipstick Lesbian" for me within the rules of the forum? :?
              A lesbian who wears lipstick, makeup, a girly girl if you will
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                Women couldn't effectively recruit or coach boys or men in my opinion.In certain cases yes, but generally speaking no.Women are the weaker vessel and are consequently more fragile and less likely to be able to stand up to a testosterone driven revolt, if you will. Women are more likely to cry in the face of adversity.IMO, it would take one tough lesbian (not meant to be derogatory, just literal) to manage an all male collegiate track team and even she would struggle.
                Best post of the year! Too bad the year is 1858.
                :lol:

ops:

Its just my honest take on it.

The evidence shows that I'm onto something.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Thank you Squak,, which raises the question, .... nah, won't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Stereotypically, some lesbians are more feminine than the others. They're called the Lipstick Lesbians. The others are called the 'butch' ones or the 'dykes' (derogatory terms both). Well, that's what we're supposed to gather anyway, from how Hollywood depicts it all. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                      Ok - I've seen a few surprising posts by TD lately (segregation thread & this one). Some imposter must have stolen his password to this board???
                      Nope.

It's me.

The only pc I manage is this laptop.

Besides...I'm just being honest instead of typing nonsense they we may in our hearts question.

There are people in this thread claiming that women in general could coach men when they dont really believe it.

There are people in the prom segregation thread claiming that separate proms are racist when they themselves wouldn't go near a mostly black prom even if they were invited.

Its the pc thing to do.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that you can coach boys and girls the same, but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.
                        Preach!

Let the congregation say "Amen."

Comment

There are people in this thread claiming that women in general could coach men when they dont really believe it.
                          So, not only are you a science whiz, but you are also clairvoyant! Awesome, dude!

Comment

Preach!
                            Let the congregation say "Amen."
                            Oops, you misperceive. There's a tacit double negative in there. To say it more clearly for you: I believe many women CAN coach many men's teams (very successfully).

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                              Stereotypically, some lesbians are more feminine than the others. They're called the Lipstick Lesbians. The others are called the 'butch' ones or the 'dykes' (derogatory terms both). Well, that's what we're supposed to gather anyway, from how Hollywood depicts it all. :roll:
                              Lindsay Lohan is a lipstick lesbian.

Candace Gingrich (Newt's Sister) is not.

By the way, did you know that outspoken lesbian and MSNBC personality Rachel Maddow has strict makeup and dress codes spelled out in her contract with GE, lest she shows up on air one day looking like a guy?

Comment

So, not only are you a science whiz, but you are also clairvoyant! Awesome, dude!
                                At least.

Comment

Working...
                                X