Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Female Coaches Recruit/Coach Male Athletes?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Ironically, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Marlow
    So, do you believe that women can do any job a man can do?
    *careful-this is a trick question*
    And there are things that women can do that men can't. What's your point?
    Where you ever tempted to answer the question?
    Oh, my bad...you did answer it.
    I told you it was tricky. 8-)
    Apparently irony is not in your vocabulary, eh?

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    One day I'm gonna buy you a steak. But the catch is...you've got to put syrup on it.
    Marlow, accept the free meal, then turn the steak upside down and enjoy it down to the last layer of meat. You won't have to eat any part with syrup on it if you so choose not to.
    Word.

If he chooses not to it wont go to waste.

I like syrup on my steak.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Where you ever tempted to answer the question?

Oh, my bad...you did answer it.

I told you it was tricky. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Originally posted by mojo
    but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.
    Everyone DOES realize that I am saying that women can (and DO) successfully coach boys/men, yes? I realize that's it's an odd grammar construction that makes it appear, at first blush, that I don't believe that.
    Huh? :?: :?
    no doubt that women can't = doubt that women can
    Yeah, complicado . . .

"there is also no doubt that a female can't"

it's a phrase I've heard all my life, but as a triple negative, I can see that's entirely, as the Brits would say, bollocks. It's supposed to say I know that a women can, but there's one too many negatives (doubt being a negative), so it ends up saying, 'I know that a women can NOT." Sorry. I have many sterling examples in my life of women doing things that men don't think they could or should, including my mom and sister and wife and daughter.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.
    Everyone DOES realize that I am saying that women can (and DO) successfully coach boys/men, yes? I realize that's it's an odd grammar construction that makes it appear, at first blush, that I don't believe that.
    Huh? :?: :?

no doubt that women can't = doubt that women can

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can be a successful men's/boys' coach.
    Your welcome, toe.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    There is no doubt in my mind that you can coach boys and girls the same, but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.
    And there is no doubt in my mind that a female could and has coached men's teams. The most successful college men's volleyball team where I live (won national titles and has beat many top US teams) was coached by a woman.

I coach many guys and they always listen to me and respect my advice.

YOUNG guys(not old ex miliatry guys that hang out here) today are pretty used to women (ie their mothers and sisters) being in positions of power.

It isn't common but that doesn't mean it can't work very well.

I do agree one must approach female athletes differently than their male counterparts. This is why I enjoy coaching guys. It is nice to not have to worry about their feelings! :x :P

Same goes for guys on forums...feelings what feelings?

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    One day I'm gonna buy you a steak. But the catch is...you've got to put syrup on it.
    Marlow, accept the free meal, then turn the steak upside down and enjoy it down to the last layer of meat. You won't have to eat any part with syrup on it if you so choose not to.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    There is no doubt in my mind that you can coach boys and girls the same, but there is also no doubt in my mind that a female can't be a successful men's/boys' coach.
    Preach!
    Let the congregation say "Amen."
    Oops, you misperceive. There's a tacit double negative in there. To say it more clearly for you: I believe many women CAN coach many men's teams (very successfully).
    There was a fork in the road and you went the wrong way.
    Again, clearly your misperception! :twisted:
    See...

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Preach!
    Oops, you misperceive. There's a tacit double negative in there. To say it more clearly for you: I believe many women CAN coach many men's teams (very successfully).
    Again, clearly your misperception! :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Preach!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    There are people in this thread claiming that women in general could coach men when they dont really believe it.
    So, not only are you a science whiz, but you are also clairvoyant! Awesome, dude!
    At least.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X