X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by TDB
    If for no other reason than to counter those attempting to deify him so that we can remember him as he was and not as we choose to.
    With the possible exception of TD, who here is trying to deify him? Was he a child molester? Probably. Was he one of the most talented and entertaining pop stars of the last 50 years? Definitely. That's all most of us are saying. He had his personal demons and our sympathies are with those he molested, but it doesn't change the fact that his music brought great joy to many, many people.
    :?

So, I'm trying to deify him huh?

Which statement was it that gave you that impression?

When I called him the King of Pop or said he was the greatest entertainer ever?

:roll:
    I wouldn't say anybody on this board is trying to deify him (with the exception of maybe TD .... jk), I"m more so speaking to what I've heard from others in the public and in the media, like Reggie Miller for example. I heard him on the Dan Patrick show this morning gushing all over him about his greatness and how he was the greatest entertainer ever to live which is all fine and dandy, until he started saying how we all should ignore the charges like they never happened, and said taht he never wanted to meet Michael because he built him up so high in his head to be this mythological figure that he didn't want to meet him and be dissapointed .

Now that right there is ridiculous. Dude was a man with flaws, but some people don't wanna believe that and would rather remember him for being more than a man but less than a god.

And while I wouldn't put TD in this category, saying that the parents who allowed their child to be raped look more guilty than MJ does I think is traveling along this road. They are EQUALLY GUILTY. An acomplis to a crime is just as at fault as the smooth criminal. Just because the criminal had help doesn't absolve the criminal of wrong doing. Fans of MJs keep going back to this whole "it wasn't proven defense," but I mean come on. It wasn't proven the first time because the screwed up parents couldn't say no to 20 mil and it wasn't proven this most recent time because the jurors who found him not guilty wanted to go out and write books damn near titled MICHAEL JACKSON IS GUILTY! Any doubt he did it, I don't believe to be reasonable, I believe to be fanatical.

However, while MJ was a CHILD molester, he was also a great musican and the greatest performer to ever live and he will be missed by many. May all the children of the world with greedy, selfish, pimping parents Rest In Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
      they were a total douche
      yeah, totally, dude. :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by The Atheist
        they were a total douche
        I meant to type "total douches" but I was typing super fast.

Anyways, yes, Adolf Hitler and Ted Bundy were both total douches, for the record.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Atheist
          Anyways, yes, Adolf Hitler and Ted Bundy were both total douches, for the record.
          You have an intuitive grasp of the obvious (ly inane). Why do I have the impression that you have been called a 'total douche' by someone and are trying very hard to transfer the title to someone else, ala 'last tag'?

Comment

• [quote=The Atheist]
            Originally posted by "The Atheist":2yq1z661
            they were a total douche

Anyways, yes, Adolf Hitler and Ted Bundy were both total douches, for the record.[/quote:2yq1z661]

Would you spit on MJ grave if you got the chance? Where does it end? Is it possible he never molested a child? You raised Hitler for the dead and you know what that means.
            phsstt!

Comment

• [quote=The Atheist]
              Originally posted by "The Atheist":1bmstyya
              they were a total douche

Anyways, yes, Adolf Hitler and Ted Bundy were both total douches, for the record.[/quote:1bmstyya]

Dont forget Charles MAnsion was also a great song writer and wrote songs for The Beach Boys, Guns N Roses and Marylin Manson. Why can't we all just forget about his legal troubles and remember him for his beautiful music? I mean he who is w/o sin may he cast the first stone.

Comment

• Wow. This thread is certainly proof that Michael Jackson made an impact on the world.
                Perhaps a good piece of advice is this:
                I'm starting with the man in the mirror
                I'm asking him to change his ways
                And no message could have been any clearer
                If you wanna make the world a better place
                Take a look at yourself
                And then make a change...

Or instead you may choose to recognize your perfection and the fact that you're the only one so blessed.

Comment

• Food for thought: If a similar discussion had ensued about Flojo
                  (substituting highly conjectural child-abuse with equally conjectural PED use),
                  we would have seen a record in users banned within a 24-hour period.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDB

However, while MJ was a CHILD molester, he was also a great musican and the greatest performer to ever live and he will be missed by many. May all the children of the world with greedy, selfish, pimping parents Rest In Peace

Where's your proof, let me guess you were one of the alleged victims were you? Your parents sent you over to his house, they're one of the gold diggers.

Again you mentioned diefy, the athletes that are placed on a pedestal, I still haven't seen one post of yours against tha :shock: t
                    on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      Originally posted by TDB

Where's your proof, let me guess you were one of the alleged victims were you? Your parents sent you over to his house, they're one of the gold diggers.

Again you mentioned diefy, the athletes that are placed on a pedestal, I still haven't seen one post of yours against tha :shock: t
                      Uve read plenty of my posts against athletes/celebrities who their fans deem to be holier than thou ............... but then these people started calling my track coach and complaining about me so I had to stop. But the NCAA doesn't own me anymore :twisted:

Comment

• Originally posted by TDB
                        Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Originally posted by TDB

Uve read plenty of my posts against athletes/celebrities who their fans deem to be holier than thou ............... but then these people started calling my track coach and complaining about me so I had to stop. But the NCAA doesn't own me anymore :twisted:
                        TDB, I didn't know that was you, my bad, never mind ops: ops:
                        on the road

Comment

• Completely unrelated to Jackson's death, SVT1 broadcast an ITV special on Michael Jackson last night, with guests like Smokey Robinson, Liza Minnelli and Gladys Knight talking about Jackson's impact on the world as an entertainer.

Comment

• Oh no! Sky Saxon is gone too!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh
                              Oh no! Sky Saxon is gone too!
                              That's right. The law of 3's. Three celebs at one time.

Comment

• Originally posted by runforlife
                                Originally posted by gh
                                Oh no! Sky Saxon is gone too!
                                That's right. The law of 3's. Three celebs at one time.
                                :roll:
                                The 3 were: McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson.
                                Saxon was not a celebrity of their magnitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X