Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bad hammy
    In a history of the world's great songwriters, Jacko never gets mentioned. Sure, Beat It and Billie Jean were good songs, but writers of good songs are a dime a dozen.
    Billie Jean and Will You Be There - as good as it gets in pop music. Up there with **GASP** the Beatles!

Comment

• I do mean lyrically! sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru
        Originally posted by paulthefan
        How did this healthy, gifted child become that pale faced freak? Someone knows the answer to that and I would like to hear it explained.

Jackson suffered from vitiligo, which caused the depigmentation, as well as lupus.

The autopsy report released today. Where's trackdaddy?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35317047/ns ... lebrities/
        There are no strings on me

Comment

• De mortuis nil nisi bonum, but . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...es-of-childre/

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            De mortuis nil nisi bonum, but . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...es-of-childre/
            This brings to mind the famous Captain Renault quote from Casablanca.

Comment

• I was informed you were the most beautiful woman to ever visit Casablanca. That was a gross understatement.

Apparently you're the only person in Casablanca with less scruples than I

We haven't quite decided whether he committed suicide or died while trying to escape.

Round up the usual suspects.

Comment

• I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Comment

• I know someone who served on the initial grand jury that was eventually dismissed when the child who made the accusations cut a deal with Jackson and refused to testify at a potential trial.
                  Knowing that the grand jury only heard the prosecutor's side of the case and no defense presentation my friend said the evidence of guilt seemed very specific and overwhelmingly convincing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                    I know someone who served on the initial grand jury that was eventually dismissed when the child who made the accusations cut a deal with Jackson and refused to testify at a potential trial.
                    Knowing that the grand jury only heard the prosecutor's side of the case and no defense presentation my friend said the evidence of guilt seemed very specific and overwhelmingly convincing.
                    I'm not saying anything specific about this case but having been on a couple juries it has felt that way each time after the prosecution gives their side of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlow View Post
                      Billie Jean and Will You Be There - as good as it gets in pop music. Up there with **GASP** the Beatles!
                      yeah, yeah...

And your Beatles, Rolling Stones, Animals, on and on, STOLE from the various Black pioneers who invented rock and roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
                        And your Beatles, Rolling Stones, Animals, on and on, STOLE from the various Black pioneers who invented rock and roll.
                        And like Elvis, their co-opting of black music did more for the originals' careers than they ever did in their life-time. Most great American music was born to black artists, but sadly, it took white 'stealing' to get it out into the mass media.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post
                          I'm not saying anything specific about this case but having been on a couple juries it has felt that way each time after the prosecution gives their side of things.
                          I would 2nd that motion counselor. Same here as far as only seeing one side of the evidence.

Comment

• It wasn't stealing in the sense anything was stolen. Co-opted is the better term. Neither the Beatles nor the Rolling Stones were at fault, as Atticus said, they opened eyes and ears to black artists.

The stealing came at the corporate level where black artists weren't paid nor played nearly enough. Stupid racism. How much money did those corporate fools lose because they didn't want black voices on the radio?

This is a disgrace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwBa8Pqi6Y

This is rock n roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kM1khne_sg

Comment

• I had completely forgotten than Pat Boone sang that tune.

Comment

• The idea that any particular race invented rock n roll is simple minded, juvenile and racist... Kind of like believing that Dionysus created wine... These things happen over a century from interactions back and forth between all manner of people. Many were indispensable. I reserve the right to consider Michael Jackson as a supreme innovator and all around musical genius.
                                Last edited by user4; 06-23-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X