Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you at least feel worse about Farrah Fawcett dying than Michael Jackson?

Compromise?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by The Atheist
      Or we could just sit here and sulk all day...
      come on cheer up guys stop being a bunch of grumpy hippies
      wow - you seriously need to get your meds regulated, bro! :twisted:
      But this is an 'interesting' diversion between events on runnerspace.
      :lol:

(so did I guess right or wrong? I was fishing for a reaction that would give it away, but I still can't tell) :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Okay fine, so maybe you aren't a hippie.

In which case, we can be friends.

Comment

Okay fine, so maybe you aren't a hippie.
          In which case, we can be friends.
          I was a hippie-by-association (Stanford University 1969-1973!!!!!!!), but somehow I think 20 years as a US Navy officer disqualifies me for the Hippie Retirement Home.

Comment

As a current resident of TinselTown and a former resident of the 1980s, from what I've seen today I can confidently say: love or hate Michael Jackson, you're all witnessing the biggest news story of 2009 (barring some international incident with nuclear weapons -- KJI, I'm looking at you...).

Comment

So were you sad about the 9/11 terrorists dying? I mean, we're all sinners, so like, one man steals candy, another man blows up a building with thousands of people in it. Same thing.

So basically what it comes down to is this:

If you are sad that Michael Jackson died, then you support terrorism.

Way to go!
              What a bunch of crap. :roll: :roll:

Comment

I forgive you for your former hippie associations.

Unless you were a fan of Weather Underground, in which case I would obviously have to automatically rescind my forgiveness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                  As a current resident of TinselTown and a former resident of the 1980s, from what I've seen today I can confidently say: love or hate Michael Jackson, you're all witnessing the biggest news story of 2009 (barring some international incident with nuclear weapons -- KJI, I'm looking at you...).
                  I'm pretty sure the Iran Election is still at the top of the 2009 list so far, even after Michael Jackson's death, but I could be wrong.

Comment

IUnless you were a fan of Weather Underground, in which case I would obviously have to automatically rescind my forgiveness :lol: :lol: :lol:
                    Check it every day!
                    http://www.wunderground.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo

So were you sad about the 9/11 terrorists dying? I mean, we're all sinners, so like, one man steals candy, another man blows up a building with thousands of people in it. Same thing.

So basically what it comes down to is this:

If you are sad that Michael Jackson died, then you support terrorism.

Way to go!
                      What a bunch of crap. :roll: :roll:
                      The part in bold was supposed to be a joke

Comment

IUnless you were a fan of Weather Underground, in which case I would obviously have to automatically rescind my forgiveness :lol: :lol: :lol:
                        Check it every day!
                        http://www.wunderground.com/
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (voice trails off as the credits begin to roll) :lol:

Comment

Can you at least feel worse about Farrah Fawcett dying than Michael Jackson?

Compromise?
                          I usually wait till the end of the year, then rank my top twenty celebrity deaths all at once, in order, on a "feel bad about and pity" scale. I also sometimes pull out the phone book and go through it like Jim Carrey in "The Grinch" and remind myself who I dislike, hate, despise, and loathe. Good for the soul to do that once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                            I usually wait till the end of the year, then rank my top twenty celebrity deaths all at once, in order, on a "feel bad about and pity" scale.
                            Atheist - pay attention. THAT is good ironic humor!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                              I'm pretty sure the Iran Election is still at the top of the 2009 list so far, even after Michael Jackson's death, but I could be wrong.
                              First, I don't think you're correct -- unless the current situation descends into a full-blown revolution in Iran. Secondly, I didn't say it was the most relevant story of 2009. I said it will be the biggest news story of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                                I usually wait till the end of the year, then rank my top twenty celebrity deaths all at once, in order, on a "feel bad about and pity" scale.
                                Atheist - pay attention. THAT is good ironic humor!
                                I don't understand the joke. I do this at the end of every year too, and I don't see anything funny about it. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X