X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double your fun at Oscar time

back to 10 nominees for best movie

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 18DASF.DTL

And pretty much everyone agrees that The Dark Knight shoulda been there last year. Watched it again last night, and I can't get over how superb the film-making was, from cinematography to sound to lighting to editing to directing to acting to writing to special effects, etc., etc.. Your results will vary. :roll:

Comment

"The Greatest Show on Earth" in 1952? Not what you might think of as the "Best Picture of the Year".

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        And pretty much everyone agrees that The Dark Knight shoulda been there last year. Watched it again last night, and I can't get over how superb the film-making was, from cinematography to sound to lighting to editing to directing to acting to writing to special effects, etc., etc.. Your results will vary. :roll:
        "Technical merits" aside, then there are those of us who thought it was such a piece of crap that they walked out in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          "Technical merits" aside, then there are those of us who thought it was such a piece of crap that they walked out in the middle.
          That's perfectly OK. I have walked out of Oscar winners also, but at least I understood why they deserved Oscars. Hollywood has a long history of stinkers (no appreciable audience) that have won.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            That's perfectly OK. I have walked out of Oscar winners also, but at least I understood why they deserved Oscars. Hollywood has a long history of stinkers (no appreciable audience) that have won.
            Yes I know Spike Lee's still upset about "Driving For Miss Daisy" winning the Oscar for best picture in '89 over his flick "Do The Right Thing"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I second that, although I did finish watching it just to see if it could continue to be quite so awful until the very end.

It did.

10 noms is a horrible idea. Not only that but they've bumped the Honorary Awards to a completely separate ceremony to make way for it :x

Comment

Working...
              X