Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlow
    replied
    Some do, some don't. Fortunately the PTB do. PEDS are here to stay (and have been for a long time) in pro sports, and it's naive to think the tide will ever turn. That said, like the Byronic Hero, we should continue to fight them at every turn, knowing that the struggle is futile but 'right'. Ignorant (unwed/unprepared) teenagers will always get pregnant, but it's still worth the effort to try and combat that fact.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Depressed?...take a drug
    Wanna lose weight but dont want to exercise?...take a drug
    Your kid is hyper?....give him a drug
    Bored?...take a drug

I think drugs are here to stay, but baseball, unlike Pro bodybuilding, will never stop fighting their use. Thats the game inside the game. How long until the next "clear" shows up?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic 'Players & Fans Don't Care About Steroids'

'Players & Fans Don't Care About Steroids'

Scott Ostler on the Manny Ramirez deal

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 18HIDE.DTL

<<Thanks to Manny Ramirez, I have seen the light.

When Ramirez becomes eligible for the Hall of Fame, he gets my vote. Same with all the other 'roid boys.

No longer will I try to hijack the game of baseball from its rightful owners - the fans and players.

Ramirez has provided the final proof that nobody cares if a player has more needles stuck in his butt than a porcupine. If the fans don't care, and the players don't care, who am I to care?.... >>>
Working...
X