Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook being taken over by old farts

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 18KFB8.DTL

<<...Corbett said the influx of middle-age users raises the question of whether Facebook can retain its younger audience. How cool can a Web site be after Mom and Dad join?..>>

I have a Facebook and Twitter account. Have never used either, so ya can't blame me for polluting them!!!

Comment

I had Facebook for a hot minute, but it didn't interest me enough to keep it 8-)

Comment

I fell in love with facebook for a month, it has been a lovely divorce. Never goin back- too much crap.
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          I fell in love with facebook for a month, it has been a lovely divorce. Never goin back- too much crap.
          :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Bill Gates bails out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090725/ts ... esfacebook
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Maybe we old farts should all move to Facebook and leave these boards to the over-the-top yahoos who have migrated here lately!!!

Comment

I have a facebook account. Initially to keep track of all of my track kids as they went off to college. Since my joining, more than half of my high school class, family members and coworkers and old TS friends have joined and it's a great way to keep in touch or update my friends with events and such. I haven't had a problem with it. I have a twitter account as well but I can't get with that too much!

Comment

I joined FB when TS shut down as a way to stay connected to TF friends like pooda.

I was :shock: to see how many other family, friends and coworkers were already on FB .

Jokers alot older than me.

My son however complains that his mother and I are on there since we used to criticize him for it. ops:
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

It is definitely becoming more mainstream. I was at a meeting recently and I found that facebook is now commonly used as a way to stay connected with alumni students. In this case from summer research programs.

This surprised me until I was told that students do not respond to conventional e-mail but they do respond to facebook messages. Also, students change their e-mail addresses as they move but their facebook does not change.

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Never goin back- too much crap.
                    Agreed, there is a ton of crap. i just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                      This surprised me until I was told that students do not respond to conventional e-mail but they do respond to facebook messages.
                      This is true. I now send babysitting requests to my babysitter through Facebook since I KNOW she checks it instantly while emails may linger for days.

Comment

Working...
                      X