Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter

Just saw the latest HP film, and although I've read none of the books, I do have to admit that I am not immune to Harry Potter's magic. I have dutifully attended all the films and have become a devoted follower. This film is as good as the others, except that it clocks in at 2.5 hours, and only one thing of great import happens (which was actually a big media event when the book came out). Daniel Radcliffe has really grown (literally and figuratively) up in the role, and I truly admire the character he (and JKR) created. He infuses HP with just the right blend of complexities.

Re: Harry Potter

Originally posted by Marlow
    Just saw the latest HP film, and although I've read none of the books, I do have to admit that I am not immune to Harry Potter's magic. I have dutifully attended all the films and have become a devoted follower. This film is as good as the others, except that it clocks in at 2.5 hours, and only one thing of great import happens (which was actually a big media event when the book came out). Daniel Radcliffe has really grown (literally and figuratively) up in the role, and I truly admire the character he (and JKR) created. He infuses HP with just the right blend of complexities.

I hear the next movie is going to deviate from the books a little. Here's the bootleg review:

In the latest installment of the Harry Potter series of films, Harry, finally fed up with having to save the day all the time, leaves Hogwarts to take up work on a merchant marine ship where he works loading cargo and performs small magic acts to win drinks for his mates at bars during shore leave. At one of these establishments he meets an experienced lady of the evening; he's not a little boy anymore.

But a terrible situation evolves when the woman turns out to be an evil sorceress determined to corrupt the young wizard by means of an ancient plague. Harry returns to school, having learned the hard way that every action has potentially dire consequences in the adult world if one does not proceed with caution.

See "Harry Potter and the Curse of Chlamydia."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
      So this reviewer thought the movie was claptrap?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
        Originally posted by Brian
        So this reviewer thought the movie was claptrap?

I understand the test audience responded appropriately.

Comment

Get your facts right - it was not Chlamydia. Just a nasty case of crabs!

Comment

I have never read a Harry Potter book and am not certain whether I saw the first HP movie or have just seen so many trailers I think maybe I did.. or not. :?
            I am kinda like I was about "24". I missed the first five / six seasons and thought It was too late to catch up but one season of religiously watching, while it did not completely fill me in, did make me a fan.
            So, same question for the HP aficianodos , can I start off with the most recent movie or should I backtrack first? :?

Comment

Working...
            X