Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ralmcg
    replied
    I found an article about the WNBA teaching rookies how to do makeup in order to be more "feminine". The article is at http://feministing.com/archives/009142.html. There is also some comments on the article at the website.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    Marlow, how can you possibly be so presumptuous as to speak for 95% of all males? I would guess that you are way off on this.
    Perhaps. All I know is that she's neither fat nor skinny, and for most men, that's all the reason they need to go for that thang. :twisted:
    I am married to an x-body builder and even this pumped up gal shown here, with no oil, relaxed, not dieted down and dehydrated, walking on a beach would turn most men's heads, not their stomachs. Of course there are much bigger women who are like totally gross. In other words i agree with Marlow.

Leave a comment:

• imaginative
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by imaginative
    [Discussion of Buschbaum.]
    Huh? She should not be allowed to compete against women because of her clothing or hairstyle? :shock:
    Of course, once she started taking male hormones as part of the sex-change process, she was eliminated from women's competition, but before that, did anyone have a problem with her?
    To clarify: My intentions were squarely on her sex change.
    I had no objections to her participation prior to that.

I used her as an example to clarify that a woman, IMO, has
    no duty to even remain a woman---let alone look good or
    femine.

Leave a comment:

• Mikewats
    replied
    also it was no where near to the extreme example i could of used.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    Marlow, how can you possibly be so presumptuous as to speak for 95% of all males? I would guess that you are way off on this.
    Perhaps. All I know is that she's neither fat nor skinny, and for most men, that's all the reason they need to go for that thang. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    [and you of all people should understand by now that recopying a pirate doesn't somehow make it kosher]

/LIsa_Aukland_Female_Bodybuilder_IFBB_Pro_Model_ezr .jpg[/img][/quote]
    As bizarre as this looks to some people, and she is admittedly . . . 'out there' . . . if she were not flexing, she would look very, very good to 95% of all males.

Leave a comment:

• ralmcg
    replied
    Interesting that for all her talk about looking like a woman Isinbayeva is competing in a sport that was deemed too "dangerous" for women only a few decades ago.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Everyone has a duty to try and look good. Do it for your wife, your girlfriend or grandma.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    "it is better to look good than to feel good, and by the way, you look mahvelous."
    "Well, I am only doing my duty."

Leave a comment:

• TheTransporter
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by TheTransporter
    I don't think the problem is lifting weights. Isi is not implying that women need to look "noodley" (read: sickly thin) like runway models with no muscle tone.
    She is no stick insect herself, so I don't suppose she could mean that at all.
    Yes, exactly - she has fine shape.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTransporter
    I don't think the problem is lifting weights. Isi is not implying that women need to look "noodley" (read: sickly thin) like runway models with no muscle tone.
    She is no stick insect herself, so I don't suppose she could mean that at all.

Leave a comment:

• TheTransporter
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Isn't this where things are going wrong with female athletes, scared to lift real weights because they don't want to look manly. Well particularly in the sprints.
    I 'appreciate' fit, athletic-looking people, male or female. I've never seen a female athlete who looked too strong, i.e., manly. There were some East Bloc women athletes, maybe a certain 800 WR runner, who looked a little . . . rugged . . . but one suspects there were other factors involved there.
    I don't think the problem is lifting weights. Isi is not implying that women need to look "noodley" (read: sickly thin) like runway models with no muscle tone. I am sure she is not advocating that women stay out of the weight room altogether. The lifting of weights does not 'maculinize' women, it increases their effectiveness for whatever they are training for, and, I would argue, increases their wholesome aesthetic appeal. One qualification, of course, is that when the end goal of the woman hitting the weights is to be absolutely massive, then they are entering into the realm of "self degirlification". Usually that comes with chugging back chemicals and pills so as to feed abnormal muscle growth that rails against the wholesome mandate that women be women. Aside from muscles of an unorthodox size, they get manly features that are quite noticeable - especially in the face. Men should be men, women should be women.

Yes, "sex sells" and no one wants to see an unrighteous objectification of women or standards and expectations for female clothing and conduct where male viewership is encouraged to ogle in a state of sexual arousal. (That may be unavoidable as those unchecked by self-control have their fetishes and can be turned on by women in traditional Muslim garb). But the wholesome admonition that women should look like women, and in doing so seek to look beautiful, is absolutely acceptable and should be trumpeted with more frequency.

Leave a comment:

• Wang Lung
    replied
    I wouldn't get too carried away scrutinizing her use of the word "duty". She is Russian, afterall, and it's reasonable to assume subtleties are lost in translation.

Leave a comment:

• ralmcg
    replied
    I am going to admit something. I do have a weakness for female athletes in shorts. Having said that I am not expecting every female athlete to wear shorts if it makes her uncomfortable and/or decrease her performance. The point is that a female athlete should not have to have as her greatest duty to be "feminine" in order to be an athlete.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X