Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spongebob Mania

Somebody needs to splain this to me. He's been aroud 10 years now; is the #1 syndicated cartoon show (Simpsons are network) and has grossed $$$ EIGHT BILLION smackeronis in merchandising. I have sat through an entire show with my 6yo grandson and am at a complete loss as to what the appeal is. My gs chuckles a little, but most of what pass for jokes (sic) must be over his head.

Back when I was young (uh oh, here comes the geezer rant) I laughed at Bugs Bunny and Bullwinkle cartoons and they are STILL funny! WTF is the appeal with SBSP??!! :?

What he said. :?

Comment

I like Spongebob ops: .
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
        either

a. you have successfully kept your inner child intact all these years
        b. your advanced senility has reduced you to a 6yo's mentality
        c. Spongebob is so sophisticated only YOU get it
        d. you don't understand it either, but you desperately don't want to be unhip
        e. your lobotomy finally kicked in

Which is it? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          either

a. you have successfully kept your inner child intact all these years
          b. your advanced senility has reduced you to a 6yo's mentality
          c. Spongebob is so sophisticated only YOU get it
          d. you don't understand it either, but you desperately don't want to be unhip
          e. your lobotomy finally kicked in

Which is it? :P
          a. haven't all males?
          b. not quite that bad
          c. it is funny, not violent or mystic as most cartoons I watched with my grandsons are
          d. understand? what is there to understand? I don't think while watching cartoons. they are sort of like Steven Seagal movies, thought not required.
          e. I have admitted my unhipness (cluelessness) many time on these pages
          f. please nurse Ratchett, he made me say it

Are you familiar with Camp Lazlo? Also a non-violent, pleasant, fable-styled cartoon. I like it a lot, too .
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Me too. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              Oh good lord, it's an infestation! To the Wayback Machine, Sherman, we must exterminate it before it began!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                Oh good lord, it's an infestation! To the Wayback Machine, Sherman, we must exterminate it before it began!
                Says the man that loves X-men. :roll:

Comment

Says the man that loves X-men. :roll:
                  Akchewly, I am more of a DC guy than Marvel. Gimme Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the JLA over those poser Marvel dudes and dudettes any day! :twisted:

Comment

My kids, who are now 17, 16 and 14 all loved Spongebob. We used to watch the toons together when they were younger. They still occasionally will watch an episode. I used to wonder what caught their attention since a lot of the dialog seemed above their heads but who knows what attracts a kids attention.

Comment

Spongebob is a wonderful babysitting accessory. I neither like nor dislike it. I am just bewildered by it. I don't know what those strange creatures are or what they are up to. Maybe it is kinda like "24"; takes a while to get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        I don't know what those strange creatures are or what they are up to.
                        The pink cone head is a starfish, the yellow thing is a sponge and the their mutual neighbor is a squid.

See lonewolf, you can still learn something new everyday. As to what they are doing, i'll get back to you on that.

Comment

I've only caught a few seasons but "Party Pooper Pants" and "Mid-Life Crustacean" are memorable episodes...not up to Rocky and Bullwinkle, Merrie Melodies with the dancing stoves, Jonny Quest nor Heckle and Jeckle...but decent nonetheless.

cman

Comment

I'm w Pego & Daisy -- I don't make much effort to watch Spongebob, but when I see it, it makes me laugh. Not Bullwinkle or Bugs, but pretty good stuff. Watch a few more episodes, Marlow -- I think you'll grow to like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X