Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Phone or Blackberry?

I have actually never held either one... I am patently uncool and well behind the techno curve My employer is giving a choice of the newest version of either an I-Phone or Blackberry. He'll foot the bill as it will be a business phone.

Any thoughts pro or con? Which is most reliable? Which would you choose and why?

It's to be used primarily for talking, e-mail, texting, date/appointment keeping, and infrequent web surfing. Not sure what else I'd use it for... never got into games and such on my phones.

Here's a perfect primer to start with that coincidentally was in my paper last week--Crackberry vs. Jesus Phone:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 17V1H3.DTL

Comment

I've had my Storm since Jaunuary and love it. I haven't had the iPhone so can't give a direct comparison, but two standout features on the Storm that the iPhone doesn't offer is a removable memory card, and if you do alot of email/texting you'll appreciate the tactile screen that "clicks" when you're typing on it. Also a fantastic quality camera.

Long term, the Storm's customer replaceable battery is sure to be a cost saver(iPhone needs factory servicing to replace it's battery).

Of course, keeping in mind both have exclusive contracts with seperate carriers(Storm - Verizon, iPhone - AT&T), that may play a role in your decision too.

Here's more on the Storm's advantages - http://tinyurl.com/ku46qj
      There are no strings on me

Comment

if you want apps (think iFart!), iPhone the way to go, with no fewer than 65,000 available with 1.5 billion downloaded

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/tec ... y_id=43557

Comment

As someone who has both (BB Curve/iP3GS), I would go with the Blackberry for business purposes. If you want great, quick, easy e-mail and texting, go with the BB.

If you want music, video, pretty apps and a very difficult time operating it with one hand -- grab the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            if you want apps (think iFart!), iPhone the way to go, with no fewer than 65,000 available with 1.5 billion downloaded

Of course, that's not gonna do you much good with non-expandable memory :P

Comment

Originally posted by gm
              As someone who has both (BB Curve/iP3GS), I would go with the Blackberry for business purposes. If you want great, quick, easy e-mail and texting, go with the BB.

If you want music, video, pretty apps and a very difficult time operating it with one hand -- grab the iPhone.
              I've had the Blackberry storm since February and think GM's comment nailed it. I've been pleased with the Blackberry for email and messages and found it easy to use for that. I'm not a real techie, so the aps and stuff that the I-Phone can use do not do much for me.

My only "complaint" about the Blackberry Storm is that I have to re-charge it EVERY evening. With my old ell phone, I only needed to charge it two or three times a week.

Comment

I have the TMobile G1. We wanted iPhones but the AT&T contract didn't work for us. To get the minutes we needed it would've been like $250/mo for 2 phones. With TMobile most of our calls are free to our 5 favorite numbers and we only pay $90/mo for 2 phones. Plus, coming from a Blackberry, I really like having a tactile keyboard. You don't have quite the number of applications available...probably 1/3...but seriously of those 65,000 available 64,500 are completely worthless. All the useful ones are available in both phones. However, the battery life is horrible. If you use an app for 15+ minutes. You'll have to charge it in the afternoon after leaving the house in the morning with a full charge.

Comment

I go with the one my employer pays me to use - the Crapberry.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                    but two standout features on the Storm that the iPhone doesn't offer is a removable memory card
                    If you have 32GB built in memory on an iPhone, how is that a standout when you have to purchase a separate memory card for the Storm (1GB built-in) in order to have the same amount of memory?

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                      but two standout features on the Storm that the iPhone doesn't offer is a removable memory card, and if you do
                      If you have 32GB built in memory on an iPhone, how is that a standout when you have to purchase a separate memory card for the Storm (1GB built-in) in order to have the same amount of memory?
                      What happens if you drop your iPhone in the pool, or down the steps in the parking garage?

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                        but two standout features on the Storm that the iPhone doesn't offer is a removable memory card, and if you do
                        What happens if you drop your iPhone in the pool, or down the steps in the parking garage?
                        I connect (new phone) to iTunes and re-load my contacts, applications, music, photos, etc. that were backed up on my computer

Comment

This is insanity!

The G1, homie.
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Very satisfied with my bank (USAA) and my iPhone. Now, I wish I had a check to deposit simply to test out the new application.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10307182-37.html

"USAA app lets iPhone users deposit checks"

Comment

Thanks for all the thoughts. Decided to go with the Blackberry and it seems to do all the things I need it to do. I'm certainly not a crackberry-head or whatever term is used to describe those folks who can't put it down.

I'm more than happy to dump it in a drawer when I get home...

Comment

Working...
                              X