Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bambam
    Originally posted by guru
    Curious to get BAM's insight on Woods' monumental meltdown today. He was fine and in position through 7, then from 8 to 13 it's like he completely lost his game.
    Tiger has only one weakness in his game - driving accuracy. He has not driven the ball well for accuracy since 2000. Whenever he doesn't win or play well he seems to blame it on his putting, which is unreal normally, and when he is off, it is only outstanding. But I think his problems usually relate to his driving wildly.

I suspect some of his driving problems related to his knee problems which started to develop after 2000. They seem to be related. As I stated last year, with his knee problems, his knee will never be normal. I suspect he is still affected by it to some degree and it affects his driving. At the British with its very penal bunkers and rough, when he drives it badly there is no chance of recovery as there usually is on American parkland courses.

I still wouldn't worry very much. He has still played well this year and is either the greatest ever or right there with Nicklaus and Hogan.

bam, golf is all about the short game. Tiger is one of the best putters ever. This is why he is great -- not because of his driving ability.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
      Curious to get BAM's insight on Woods' monumental meltdown today. He was fine and in position through 7, then from 8 to 13 it's like he completely lost his game.
      Tiger has only one weakness in his game - driving accuracy. He has not driven the ball well for accuracy since 2000. Whenever he doesn't win or play well he seems to blame it on his putting, which is unreal normally, and when he is off, it is only outstanding. But I think his problems usually relate to his driving wildly.

I suspect some of his driving problems related to his knee problems which started to develop after 2000. They seem to be related. As I stated last year, with his knee problems, his knee will never be normal. I suspect he is still affected by it to some degree and it affects his driving. At the British with its very penal bunkers and rough, when he drives it badly there is no chance of recovery as there usually is on American parkland courses.

I still wouldn't worry very much. He has still played well this year and is either the greatest ever or right there with Nicklaus and Hogan.

bam, golf is all about the short game. Tiger is one of the best putters ever. This is why he is great -- not because of his driving ability.
      Putting is huge but if you are on in 3 on a par 4 cause went in the rough.....
      phsstt!

Comment

I suspect some of his driving problems related to his knee problems which started to develop after 2000. They seem to be related. As I stated last year, with his knee problems, his knee will never be normal.

His age aside, how impressive is it that Watson is playing as he is less than 10 months removed from hip replacement surgery?
        Watson is an amazing player, period. You can play pretty well with a hip replacement. The medical studies on playing golf with hip and knee replacements were first done about 20 years ago, actually by me when I was a chief resident, with one of the attendings at Duke. Hip replacements do much better than knee replacements in terms of returning to high-level golf. Still, pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol

Tiger is one of the best putters ever - right up there with Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Bobby Locke. But your analysis is a bit simplistic. There's a lot more to Tiger's game than just his putting.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            Tiger missed the cut?

There goes the weekend ratings.

With 59 year old Tom Watson leading the tournament? Don't bet on it.
            Saw the highlights yesterday had 5 birdies and 5 bogeys come on Tom YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Go geiser go

Comment

But bam, wouldn't you say that putting is the strongest part of his game?

Comment

Even when the great Tiger Woods and he is obviously great, misses the cut, he stills garners the lions share of attention. The irony behind this, some folks fault Tiger for this, as if he is the one responsible for the remarks,comments that are made.
                  on the road

Comment

I have to admit that with Tiger (and Canadian Mike Weir) out of the hunt, I have missed the Open for today. How does the final day look, experts?
                    My impression is that when Tiger is really scoring well, it is often his 2nd or 3rd shot that put him in a position to putt for bird (or eagle). Of course, he makes some great putts, and can hit the hell out of the ball, but not always on the fairway. His ability to birdie or save a par, even when his tee shot goes amiss, is what amazes me...

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
                      I have to admit that with Tiger (and Canadian Mike Weir) out of the hunt, I have missed the Open for today. How does the final day look, experts?
                      My impression is that when Tiger is really scoring well, it is often his 2nd or 3rd shot that put him in a position to putt for bird (or eagle). Of course, he makes some great putts, and can hit the hell out of the ball, but not always on the fairway. His ability to birdie or save a par, even when his tee shot goes amiss, is what amazes me...
                      If Tom wins and you dont watch you will miss history which in my opinion wont be repeated in our lifetime. Curtis Strange said it best, if Tom can continue to concentrate he can win but at his age that becomes increasing hard as the days go by. He looks good and he's making long putts that look like destiny is on his side, i cant wait to see what happens, oh and Daly is always a hoot to watch!
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                        If Tom wins and you dont watch you will miss history which in my opinion wont be repeated in our lifetime. Curtis Strange said it best, if Tom can continue to concentrate he can win but at his age that becomes increasing hard as the days go by. He looks good and he's making long putts that look like destiny is on his side, i cant wait to see what happens, oh and Daly is always a hoot to watch!
                        Damn you, Squack? I was looking for an excuse to sleep in tomorrow morning, at least until the Tour got going....I have to have some energy left for my poker game in the afternoon... So what time is TW scheduled to tee off?

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          Damn you, Squack? I was looking for an excuse to sleep in tomorrow morning, at least until the Tour got going....I have to have some energy left for my poker game in the afternoon... So what time is TW scheduled to tee off?
                          I am guessing but i dont think Watson will start until around 9 or 10 am EST. Watson is such a nice guy, if he wins im gonna tear up! GO TOM! But if does crumble like a little cookie i have to see it! :twisted:
                          phsstt!

Comment

Watson/Goggin tee off at 9:20 AM EDT
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

Watson/Goggin tee off at 9:20 AM EDT
                              Why thank you guru!
                              phsstt!

Comment

GO TOM!!! The "original" TW.

Comment