• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by guru
    Watson/Goggin tee off at 9:20 AM EDT
    Why thank you guru!
    Thanks guys....6:20 am Pacific is a piece of cake.... I'll be up watching the boys riding their tricycles up into the Alps before that...
    I can almost smell that morning coffee, and I haven't even finished my evening beers.....wtf ?

Comment

First time I've been excited about a Tigerless tourney in ages. All of America will be watching.

Comment

The old guy is hanging in there.

Comment

Scott Ostler this morning: <<-- Don't look for replays of Tiger Woods' two rounds in Scotland. Nike confiscated the videotape.>>

Comment

ouch !!!

Comment

He made the putt in his choke range. One down with 2 to go.

It's over.....a great run that came up short.

Comment

Yup. Not the fairy-tale ending some were hoping for, but a really remarkable performance nonetheless... Gives us 50-somethings some hope...

Comment

Watson was amazing but in the end made a mental mistake. He's downwind, pumped up and short of the pin is ok but long is bad and he's thinking either 9 or 8 iron. He chose 8 and lost the Open. Damn!
                  phsstt!

Comment

We were that close to sports immortality. We will never again see an old geezer (59) come that close to winning a major. Sigh

I wonder if Eldrick can get me a tee time at St. Andrews?

Comment

You'd have a better chance asking me, since I work in St. Andrews.

Comment

Watson gave it his best shot but came up short on the 18th hole and Cink took advantage and won well Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
                          Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.
                          I doubt he would have begrudged Watson that record.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                            Originally posted by dal4018
                            Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.
                            I doubt he would have begrudged Watson that record.
                            Your right Daisy he was probably pulling for him to pull off the upset.

Comment

I spent 4 days knowing that Watson would not win, he would get tired and make a mistake. On the last hole, after a perfect drive, i finally believed he would win and he hits 3 bad shots in a row. :cry:
                              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                                I spent 4 days knowing that Watson would not win, he would get tired and make a mistake. On the last hole, after a perfect drive, i finally believed he would win and he hits 3 bad shots in a row. :cry:
                                Its amazing that he made it that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X