• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy
    replied
    Re: British open

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Tom Watson found the fountain of youth on day one with a 65. What usually happens to the older guys is they get tired, see it is a sport! :P
    And the story continues. He got a hole in one today.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    Tom Watson moved up from 1374th to 105th in the Official World Golf Ranking.
    This leap of 1269 spots is the largest one week leap since the rankings began in 1986. If he had won the British Open, he would have moved up to 45th.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    As Lance Armstrong found out yesterday, nobody beats Father Time.

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I spent 4 days knowing that Watson would not win, he would get tired and make a mistake. On the last hole, after a perfect drive, i finally believed he would win and he hits 3 bad shots in a row. :cry:
    Its amazing that he made it that far.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    I spent 4 days knowing that Watson would not win, he would get tired and make a mistake. On the last hole, after a perfect drive, i finally believed he would win and he hits 3 bad shots in a row. :cry:

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by dal4018
    Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.
    I doubt he would have begrudged Watson that record.
    Your right Daisy he was probably pulling for him to pull off the upset.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by dal4018
    Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.
    I doubt he would have begrudged Watson that record.

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Watson gave it his best shot but came up short on the 18th hole and Cink took advantage and won well Jack Still remains as the oldest person to win a major he owes Cink a bottle of Champaign.

Leave a comment:

• The Captain
    replied
    You'd have a better chance asking me, since I work in St. Andrews.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    We were that close to sports immortality. We will never again see an old geezer (59) come that close to winning a major. Sigh

I wonder if Eldrick can get me a tee time at St. Andrews?

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Watson was amazing but in the end made a mental mistake. He's downwind, pumped up and short of the pin is ok but long is bad and he's thinking either 9 or 8 iron. He chose 8 and lost the Open. Damn!

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    Yup. Not the fairy-tale ending some were hoping for, but a really remarkable performance nonetheless... Gives us 50-somethings some hope...

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    He made the putt in his choke range. One down with 2 to go.

It's over.....a great run that came up short.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    ouch !!!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Scott Ostler this morning: <<-- Don't look for replays of Tiger Woods' two rounds in Scotland. Nike confiscated the videotape.>>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X