Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Octomom-type In Vitro BS Story

The woman who had twins at age 66 three years ago is dead. You'd like to think that these in vitro fertilization folks would use an ounce or two of common sense, but that appears to be asking too much . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/07 ... index.html

Re: Another Octomom-type In Vitro BS Story

Originally posted by bad hammy
    The woman who had twins at age 66 three years ago is dead. You'd like to think that these in vitro fertilization folks would use an ounce or two of common sense, but that appears to be asking too much . . .

Do you feel it was wrong morally because she didnt live long enough to raise her kids?

Do you feel the process associated with having a child at her age shortened her life?

Neither or both?
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Originally posted by bad hammy

Do you feel it was wrong morally because she didnt live long enough to raise her kids?

Do you feel the process associated with having a child at her age shortened her life?

Neither or both?
      66 is way too old to be having a baby. She lied about her age to get the treatment. Let's say she lived to see the babies into their 20's. She would have been in her late 80s, pushing 90 actually. Would she be healthy or elderly with health issues? Would she expect her young adults to take care of her when they should be enjoying their life at an early age? So many things to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Track Family
        So many things to consider.
        Correct - things to consider - not to outlaw. Telling a healthy woman that she cannot have a baby is far more problematic. I understand she had to lie in this circumstance, but I imagine there are other, more legal ways, for a woman to get pregnant, if she's bound and determined to.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          Originally posted by Track Family
          So many things to consider.
          Correct - things to consider - not to outlaw. Telling a healthy woman that she cannot have a baby is far more problematic. I understand she had to lie in this circumstance, but I imagine there are other, more legal ways, for a woman to get pregnant, if she's bound and determined to.
          Yeah, but who wants to ball an ugly, overweight, 66 year old broad?

Comment

but I imagine there are other, more legal ways, for a woman to get pregnant, if she's bound and determined to.
            At 66? Such as?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              but I imagine there are other, more legal ways, for a woman to get pregnant, if she's bound and determined to.
              At 66? Such as?
              To all the 80 and 90-somethings down at the Home, the 60-somethings are those skanks who'll give it to anyone! :shock:

Comment

At 66? Such as?
                To all the 80 and 90-somethings down at the Home, the 60-somethings are those skanks who'll give it to anyone! :shock:
                What about menopause?

Comment

What about menopause?
                  What about it?
                  If ya got it, It's a natural contraceptive; if not, it's a way to supplement your meager social security checks with some extra cash from the welfare folks. :twisted:

Comment

What about menopause?
                    What about it?
                    You were suggesting that it's possible for a 66 year old to get pregnant without medical intervention. Or did i just miss one of your sophisticated jokes?

Comment

What about menopause?
                      What about it?
                      You were suggesting that it's possible for a 66 year old to get pregnant without medical intervention. Or did i just miss one of your sophisticated jokes?
                      Well, it was supposed to be a joke, but if I hafta splain it . . . :wink:

Comment

if I hafta splain it . . . :wink:
                        Ah......a joke.... :?

Hey, Ha Ha :P

Comment

Working...
                        X