Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amusement Park Rides

I saw a story where a South Florida kicker fell 35 feet from an amusement park ride. The story said he was in "fair" condition. I have never liked being on those rides, and I have only ventured on them when I was too weak to resist a woman's charms in persuading me that it was my manly duty. Do you like being on amusement park rides?

I like having just ridden a scary ride, but I am hard pressed to say I enjoy the experience as I am enduring it. I'm mostly just scared s***less. There IS an interesting endorphin rush at the very end as you realize you did not just die. :shock:

Comment

Re: Amusement Park Rides

Originally posted by 2 cents
      I saw a story where a South Florida kicker fell 35 feet from an amusement park ride. The story said he was in "fair" condition. I have never liked being on those rides, and I have only ventured on them when I was too weak to resist a woman's charms in persuading me that it was my manly duty. Do you like being on amusement park rides?
      He was an employee of the park and it was the Skyride which is more of a mode of transportation much like a ski lift rather than a thrill ride unless your afraid of heights....like me.

Comment

Re: Amusement Park Rides

Originally posted by Dutra
        Originally posted by 2 cents
        He was an employee of the park and it was the Skyride which is more of a mode of transportation much like a ski lift rather than a thrill ride unless your afraid of heights....like me.
        I also have a somewhat irrational fear of heights. But long ago, I learned that fast-moving rides, and my stomach, do not agree... So amusement parks mean corn on the cob or french fries or cotton candy, but not rides...

Comment

I'm cool with roller coaster rides. Can't handle the rides that spin you around and around.

Comment

I hate rollercoasters so much. Even the lame ones make me sick and give me motion sickness! I can cope with water rides but nothing can persuade me to go on a roller-coaster!
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Aficionados love the old wooden roller coasters; the sound, etc., etc., but they scare the shit out of me. Every sway and clack and I figure the whole thing is coming down.

Now something like "Top Gun" where you sit bolted on a saddle, with your feet hanging out in nowhere and you start doing corkscrew 360s...... yeah baby!

Comment

Working...
              X