Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is YOUR lifetime PR(s)?

I'm not sure if anyone has ever made this thread on here before, but I couldn't find it with the search function. If this thread was already made in the past, then I appologize, and just tell me where it is so I can go read it.

Ok, anyway, so:

What events did you do in Track and Field, and what were your PR's for those events?

Also, feel free to post how old you were at the time of the PR, and how many years you had been doing the event, etc.

I would go first, but I don't have any PR's, since I never did track (I did cross country in middle school, but that's the closest I've ever come to doing track, lol). I think I cleared about 4'11 in the high jump though one time when we had to do some track events in P.E. class. I was a 5'3 12 year old at the time and it was the first and last time I ever tried it. But I was way worse at all the track events they ever set up for P.E. class than I was at the high jump, so my guess is that's probably my best "track PR" lol. Oh wells.

Let's see.

200m: 21.64
    400m: 47.36
    4x400: 3:13.18 (46.1s)

I was in my third year of running track on all of those, aged 23.

Comment

2:35, surprise :wink: 28, 29

(and a 5500 or so decathlon) 20
      6.02LJ 20
      12.04 TJ 20
      69:30 20k 26
      34:11/10k 29 (set on day of all-time record high temperature in Pomona CA)
      51:28/15k 29 July 4th race (as noted below, same time as Joannie had at the time)

Comment

2.17 not all that long ago, before my ankles cracked constantly

Comment

Since I quit before I was 16, only to return as a coach 10 years later, I'm not sure how meaningful the numbers would be. I did, and was competitive at, high jump, javelin, shot, 200m, hurdles. I probably should have been a decathlete; I was decent at everything, but great at nothing.

Comment

I have a huge ego. So of course I'm contributing to this thread.

Indoor
            55m Dash-----6.39 (2006) – Age 22
            60m Dash-----6.87 (2003) – Age 20
            300m Dash- 34.80 (2004) – Age 20*

Outdoor
            100m Dash--10.27w [NWI] (2006) – Age 22**
            100m Dash--10.31 [-0.8] (2006) – Age 22
            200m Dash--20.82w [+3.8] (2006) – Age 22
            200m Dash--21.14 [+1.4] (2006) – Age 22

*200m track
            **Possible dicey timing system, but I trust the results it provided in that instance. Also a pretty huge wind, but the 10.31 convinces me that I'm allowed to publicly announce I ran a 10.2.

I'm still trying to run. I'm having a epic injury problem. Everyone else would have quit by now......I'm entertaining getting seeking out more surgery. I also consider what I wrote just now the closest thing I have to either a resume or a soul.

Comment

Originally posted by bluequiet

Indoor
              55m Dash: 6.39 (2006) – Age 22
              60m Dash: 6.87 (2003) – Age 20
              300m Dash: 34.80 (2004) – Age 20*

Outdoor
              100m Dash: 10.27w [NWI] (2006) – Age 22**
              100m Dash: 10.31 [-.08] (2006) – Age 22
              200m Dash: 20.82w [+3.8] (2006) – Age 22
              200m Dash: 21.14 [+1.4] (2006) – Age 22

*200m track
              **Possible dicey timing system, but I trust the results it provided in that instance. Also a pretty huge wind, but the 10.31 convinces me that I'm allowed to publicly announce I ran a 10.2.

I'm still trying to run. I'm having a epic injury problem. Everyone else would have quit by now......I'm entertaining getting seeking out more surgery. I also consider what I wrote just now the closest thing I have to either a resume or a soul.
              Is it bad that I knew who you were based solely off your PRs? I'm convinced that no one knows DIII like I do! How are things?

Comment

Haha, hey man. I’m familiar with who you are, too. As a matter of fact, I’m fairly certain that you and I had a short conversation at the 2006 Outdoor champs while legs deep in ice, am I correct about that?

I’ve got to be up there with a vast knowledge of the DIII ranks, but I’m not sure if I’m on par with you or not.

Comment

HJ 1965 1.97 ( 6' 5 1/2" )

Comment

Re: What is YOUR lifetime PR(s)?

Originally posted by The Atheist
                    I'm not sure if anyone has ever made this thread on here before, but I couldn't find it with the search function. If this thread was already made in the past, then I appologize, and just tell me where it is so I can go read it....
                    I believe it was one of the first we ever had, but I can't find it either. In any case, many (most?) of the people who would have answered then don't frequent the joint anymore (or at least not visibly), so the answers have changed!

Comment

LJ - 7.47 - 24 years old
                      TJ - 16.10 - 26 years old
                      HJ - 2.10 - 22 years old
                      200m - 21.19 - 20 years old
                      Javelin - 59.18 - 29 years old

Comment

This is ops: but i want to keep this thread goin cause im very interested in youz guys P.R.'s

12- 4:22 1320 yards
                        13- 4:05 1320 yards
                        14- 4:51 mile 10:38 2mile
                        15- 4:41 +10:08
                        16- 4:33 + 9:42 + 15:22
                        17- 2:03 + 54.4 + 4:30 + 9:38 + 15:05
                        18- 4:28 + 14:48
                        19 - 2:02 + 4:25 + 4:05 indoor 1500 + 9:26 + 14:39

16:33 + 1:16 1/2 Marathon @ 40
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          I believe it was one of the first we ever had, but I can't find it either. In any case, many (most?) of the people who would have answered then don't frequent the joint anymore (or at least not visibly), so the answers have changed!
                          Garry, we certainly did this on the old t-and-f email list (at gac.edu, long before it went to darkwing.uoregon.edu), but this may be the first such thread on the message board . . .

BTW . . .
                          14:33 5k (track)
                          30:34 10k (track)
                          2:22:24 marathon
                          (all in ancient history . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by DecFan
                            Originally posted by gh
                            Garry, we certainly did this on the old t-and-f email list (at gac.edu, long before it went to darkwing.uoregon.edu), but this may be the first such thread on the message board . . .

BTW . . .
                            14:33 5k (track)
                            30:34 10k (track)
                            2:22:24 marathon
                            (all in ancient history . . .)
                            WOW,i'm not worthy, im not worth! Can't wait to see Willies P.R's
                            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio
                              Originally posted by bluequiet

Indoor
                              55m Dash: 6.39 (2006) – Age 22
                              60m Dash: 6.87 (2003) – Age 20
                              300m Dash: 34.80 (2004) – Age 20*

Outdoor
                              100m Dash: 10.27w [NWI] (2006) – Age 22**
                              100m Dash: 10.31 [-.08] (2006) – Age 22
                              200m Dash: 20.82w [+3.8] (2006) – Age 22
                              200m Dash: 21.14 [+1.4] (2006) – Age 22

*200m track

Is it bad that I knew who you were based solely off your PRs? I'm convinced that no one knows DIII like I do! How are things?
                              I recognize those number too. I don't think I've met either of you, but I've seen you both run. Actually, I'm pretty sure I sat next to and had a short conversation with bluequiet's mother at St. Olaf in indoors '06.

Comment

Working...
                              X